"A quieter part of Florida" Fort Pierce by yooperprof
Fort Pierce Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 112 photos
My father first came down to Florida back in the 1930s, so he's seen the state change enormously over the course of his lifetime. He says that most of Florida used to be the way that Fort Pierce is now: a little seedy, quiet, somewhat louche, but entirely relaxing. I like Ft. Pierce: it's good to be somewhat that the hoigty-toity haven't discovered, and somewhere beyond the reach of Mickey's claws - at least so far.
Whenever my Dad and I go to Ft. Pierce, we always stop at Archies for a burger and a beer. It's a biker bar right across from the beach, good casual food in a simple but delightful setting. Good fresh snapper, too.
Fort Pierce is on the Atlantic, so it's a little chillier than similar Gulf beaches. But if you are hearty Great Lakes... more travel advice
Cheeseburgers are great here, but you should really get the catch-of-the-day. The Snapper is always excellent. I love to... more travel advice
yooperprof's Related Pages
Fort Pierce Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ft. Pierce - jumping off point"
- "fort pierce, florida"
- "Running from Frances"
- "A quieter part of Florida"
- "Fort Pierce, an oasis of rest in wild wild Florida"
- "Rick_and_Lin's new Fort Pierce Page"
- "jwander's new Fort Pierce Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Pierce
- Hotels in Fort Pierce
- Nightlife in Fort Pierce
- Restaurants in Fort Pierce
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Pierce
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Pierce
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Fort Pierce?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Pierce
Photos in Fort PierceSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 206 reviews, 394 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues