Cologne Off The Beaten Path Tips by yooperprof
Cologne Off The Beaten Path: 63 reviews and 101 photos
An Alter Markt (Old Market) landmark, this puckish lad is known (in the Kolsch dialect) as "dä Kallendresser."
You have to look up - way up - to find him. He's on the house that is known as "Em Hanen." The story goes that the owner of the property wished to display his complete and utter contempt of the city fathers. Artistic licence goes a long way here!
waters of Cologne
The Inner Ring Road serves to define the limits of the center city. It essentially follows the 18th century defensive wall and fortifications. In the 19th century, following German unification, most of the wall was dismantled, and several parks created from the ramparts. This sylvan glade is an oasis of calm in the middle of one of the busier parts of the city.
More Reviews (17)
yooperprof's Related Pages
Cologne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Cologne"
- "Koelsh, ja wohl"
- "Roman History, Magnificent Cathedral, and Kölsch"
- "My big neighbour, Cologne (Köln)!"
- "Fabulous city with huge cultural heritage."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cologne
- Hotels in Cologne
- Transportation in Cologne
- Nightlife in Cologne
- Restaurants in Cologne
- Shopping in Cologne
- Warnings and Dangers in Cologne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cologne
- 19 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Cologne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cologne
Photos in CologneSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 205 reviews, 391 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (37)
- Cologne Cathedral/ Kölner Dom- 180 Reviews, 323 Photos
- Old Town- 38 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Imhoff-Stollwerck Chocolate Museum- 33 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Churches- 71 Reviews, 245 Photos
- Rhine/ Rhein- 30 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Römisch-Germanisches Museum- 34 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Zoo and Aquarium- 12 Reviews, 34 Photos
- City gates and walls- 13 Reviews, 16 Photos
- 4711 House- 18 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Food and Drink- 10 Reviews, 10 Photos
See All Cologne Things to Do