Reykjavík Region Nightlife Tips by yooperprof Top 5 Page for this destination
Reykjavík Region Nightlife: 48 reviews and 33 photos
For some reason at first I thought this might be a vegetarian restaurant. Actually, it's another chichi restaurant bar - similar to Oliver around the corner, but a bit more intimate and lounge-like. The name of the place means "Crossroads" - and you never know who you'll meet here. I was here on a pretty quiet night, but as all over Reykjavik, things really happen on the weekend.
Address: Vegamotastigur 4
This small "hole-in-the-wall" is not actually as tiny as it looks on the outside, but it's still intimate and quite charming. I wasn't here on the weekend when (by reputation) it can get quite packed with the cool and the cool-seekers. But it was still pretty "happening" on a Thursday night, and I would gladly come back. (Perhaps on my next visit the DJ will have passed out of his Johnny Cash phase.) This club was featured both in the novel and the film "101 Reykjavik." And if you like the celebrity game, this seems to be a good place to play it. (I've read that Bjork sightings are possible.)
I wrote about this place when I blogged about my general experiences bar-hopping in Reykjavik:
Address: Bergstadastraeti 1
(shouldn't it be "Dylan"?)
A bit of a dive, but I like that. Live music, even on weeknights in March. Now, it's true that it wasn't exactly good music. . . but not every Icelandic group is destined to go international. A convivial place.
Dress Code: more casual than many others in 101
Address: Laugavegur 30
Directions: toward the eastern end of the main drag
Theme: Live Music
hang-out place for the community
Comfortable gathering place for Reykjavik's gay community, Cafe Cozy is a coffeehouse (with lite bites) that morphs into a nightspot. It's conveniently located on Oslo's main strip. Perhaps in the evening it might be a little too cozy: everyone seemed to know everyone else, and I felt a little bit unwelcome. Maybe it was just a passing mood: I stopped by during the day and everyone was pleasant.
Address: Austurstr?ti 3
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (39)
- Good Business Class Accomodation
- See All National Museum of History
- See All Pulbic Sculpture - Viking shield story
- See All Condos are rising!
yooperprof's Related Pages
Reykjavík Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iceland - in winter!"
- "Reykjavik 101"
- "Seamandrew's Reykjavik Region Page"
- "Reykjavik - wonderland :)"
- "Iceland, a small country with big heart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reykjavík Region
- Hotels in Reykjavík Region
- Transportation in Reykjavík Region
- Nightlife in Reykjavík Region
- Restaurants in Reykjavík Region
- Shopping in Reykjavík Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Reykjavík Region
- See All...
Explore the World
- Klaten Hotels
- Bela Vista Hotels
- Laredo Hotels
- Khandagiri Hotels
Badges & Stats in Reykjavík Region
- 43 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Reykjavík Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reykjavík Region
Photos in Reykjavík RegionSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 200 reviews, 374 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 101 reviews, 159 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (37)
Top Reykjavík Region hotels
- Reykjavík Hotels
- 866 Reviews - 2884 Photos
- Blue Lagoon- 32 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Glaciers/ Geysers/ Waterfalls- 25 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Hallgrimskirkja- 23 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Whale Watching- 7 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Sculpture/ Statues- 5 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Icelandic Ponies- 5 Reviews, 8 Photos
- City views- 8 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Swimming- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Buildings- 9 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Museums & Galleries- 11 Reviews, 8 Photos
See All Reykjavík Region Things to Do