"An Interesting and Unusual Northumberland Town" Hexham by yooperprof
Hexham Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 82 photos
Hexham is a cheerful market town in Northumberland with an interesting past and an appealing present. Its Abbey Church, Market Square and shopping precincts provide Hexham with a highly satisfying sense of place. It is also an excellent base for touring deeper Northumberland, especially Hadrian's Wall, which is readily accessible at numerous points nearby.
These odd figures were carved into the stone altarpiece of the old Saxon Church in Hexham. The Abbey Church has some of the best Saxon relics I've seen anywhere in England.
- In a nutshell:Don't Miss the Saxon Carvings in the Abbey Church!
Walking down from the Market Square, you come across the interesting shop called "Irony" where you can purchase all... more travel advice
The Crypt of the Abbey has some interesting throw-offs from the past. For example, there are several artifacts from... more travel advice
yooperprof's Related Pages
Hexham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Interesting and Unusual Northumberland Town"
- "My fairytale castle near Hexham"
- "Hexham - lots of history packed into a small town!"
- "One of Northumberlands gems"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hexham
- Hotels in Hexham
- Transportation in Hexham
- Restaurants in Hexham
- Shopping in Hexham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hexham
- 12 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Hexham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hexham
Photos in HexhamSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 205 reviews, 391 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues