"It's a Mystery" Stonehenge by yooperprof
Stonehenge Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 547 photos
Pre-Historic, Pre-Druidic, Pre-Wheel.
Perhaps Stonehenge isn't as large as you might imagine - these aren't the pyramids, after all. But Pre-Druidic Britain was more of a rough-and-tumble place than Old Kingdom Egypt. And still "they" managed to quarry these stones and then drag them a long distance - 50 miles? - across the Salisbury Plain.
Or maybe E.T. helped.
Was it - as current thinking suggests - an ancient star calendar? A place for worship of the Nature-Spirit? A site of human sacrifice?
Stonehenge is "package-toured" to the max, but it is also possible to see it on your own, even without a car. I made a... more travel advice
yooperprof's Related Pages
Stonehenge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Stones, At Last!"
- "Ancient Monuments"
- "Stonehenge, my least favorite daytrip from London"
- "STONEHENGE The Prehistoric Mystery"
- "Those stones at Stonehenge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stonehenge
- Hotels in Stonehenge
- Transportation in Stonehenge
- Restaurants in Stonehenge
- Shopping in Stonehenge
- Warnings and Dangers in Stonehenge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stonehenge
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Stonehenge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stonehenge
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 206 reviews, 394 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues