Copenhagen Local Custom Tips by yooperprof Top 5 Page for this destination
Copenhagen Local Customs: 127 reviews and 138 photos
no charge for entry
I'm sure this "Pissoir" in Nyhavn comes in handy on occasion, perhaps after a big VT meet-up at Nyhavn 17?
going postal in Copenhagen
There aren't that many post offices in central Copenhagen - I saw only a few. So if you want to purchase stamps for postcards, better take advantages of the Central Post Office on Købmagergade not far from the Round Tower.
There are lots of other things besides buying stamps that you can do at a post office, like buying tickets for concerts or picking up film and greeting cards. So there might be a considerable line before you get to the counter. I didn't see any stamp vending machines when I was there.
keeping the music real
It’s generally agreed that Copenhagen is one of the best places in Europe to listen to live jazz. The Danes have been serious about their jazz music for at least 60 years, and have a long roster of accomplished home-grown talent, and welcome talented performers of all kinds from every corner of the jazz world. Two good places to find live jazz are the Copenhagen Jazzhouse (http://www.jazzhouse.dk/) and the historic La Fontaine (http://www.lafontaine.dk/). Or you might find excellent players performing for free. Here a spirited young chanteuse gets into her groove on an open stage in front of the Rådhus.
screened for privacy?
The city of Copenhagen is quite thoughtful with its numerous public conveniences. But I think this one would only be helpful for the guys.
I wonder if they get to keep the furry hats
Copenhagen is a Royal City, so expect to see some of the Royal trimmings when you visit here - like guardsmen marching through the streets, either to or from their city barracks. Even on rainy days. No umbrellas for these hardy guys!
(I was watching them from inside MJ Coffee on Gothersgade.)
More Reviews (66)
- See All New Architecture - Ørestad - University...
- See All The Layer Cake Bakery
- The largest shopping mall in...
- See All VTers' haven in Nørreport
- See All Modern Art Haven
yooperprof's Related Pages
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Windy-ful Copenhagen"
- "COPENHAGEN ON THE CHEAP"
- "Operas and cycling in Copenhagen"
- "THE ROYAL CITY OF COPENHAGEN"
- "Highly Hygge!"
- "Copenhagen city of Absalon"
- "little mermaid’s city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copenhagen
- Hotels in Copenhagen
- Transportation in Copenhagen
- Nightlife in Copenhagen
- Restaurants in Copenhagen
- Shopping in Copenhagen
- Warnings and Dangers in Copenhagen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Copenhagen
- 71 Reviews
- 119 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Copenhagen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copenhagen
- updated a Copenhagen Travel Page "Highly Hygge!"
- Posted in Travel Chicago Forum "Re: Where to stay?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Christian IV's Town Palace"
- Wrote a Review New Architecture - Ørestad - University Gardens about Architecture in Copenhagen Favorites
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Copenhagen travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 205 reviews, 391 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (37)
- Nyhavn- 102 Reviews, 185 Photos
- Christiania- 47 Reviews, 93 Photos
- Tivoli Garden- 134 Reviews, 247 Photos
- Little Mermaid- 103 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Rådhuspladsen - Town hall square- 77 Reviews, 159 Photos
- Canal & Harbour Tours- 48 Reviews, 96 Photos
- Amalienborg Palace- 72 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Rosenborg Palace & Kongens Have- 63 Reviews, 133 Photos
- Carlsberg Brewery- 33 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Christiansborg Palace- 42 Reviews, 94 Photos
See All Copenhagen Things to Do