Copenhagen Transportation Tips by yooperprof Top 5 Page for this destination
Copenhagen Transportation: 323 reviews and 423 photos
the people ride in a hole in the ground
Shiny and new, the new Copenhagen subway provides a good link from the airport to the central city. I also used it to get out to the "suburb" of Frederiksberg for a concert.
Note: central Copenhagen has two underground "systems" - the M-lines and the S-lines. The S-lines connect central Copenhagen with its outer suburbs, as well as points across the sound in Sweden. Coming into the center city from the airport to Nørreport Station, you'll be on an S-line. A new M-line extension through Christianshavn to the airport will open in late 2007.
Park and go
Watch for bicycles. No, this picture does not show a one-day-a-year "Ride your bike to work" occasion. This is simply an ordinary regular day in the big city. Copenhagen is a city where bicycling is part of everyday life.
It helps that it's a flat city - and it helps that the city provides plenty of bike racks. I'm still a little amazed though - wouldn't it be hard to find _your_ bike in the middle of such a pile?
in the express lane
Harbor Bus rides are included in the general transportation pass that you receive with the Copenhagen Card. I think it's a great idea - though I'm not sure how much it actually meets the practical needs of transportation within the city.
More Reviews (68)
- See All New Architecture - Ørestad - University...
- See All The Layer Cake Bakery
- The largest shopping mall in...
- See All VTers' haven in Nørreport
- See All Modern Art Haven
yooperprof's Related Pages
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Windy-ful Copenhagen"
- "COPENHAGEN ON THE CHEAP"
- "Operas and cycling in Copenhagen"
- "THE ROYAL CITY OF COPENHAGEN"
- "Highly Hygge!"
- "Copenhagen city of Absalon"
- "little mermaid’s city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copenhagen
- Hotels in Copenhagen
- Transportation in Copenhagen
- Nightlife in Copenhagen
- Restaurants in Copenhagen
- Shopping in Copenhagen
- Warnings and Dangers in Copenhagen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Copenhagen
- 71 Reviews
- 119 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Copenhagen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copenhagen
- updated a Copenhagen Travel Page "Highly Hygge!"
- Posted in Travel Chicago Forum "Re: Where to stay?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Christian IV's Town Palace"
- Wrote a Review New Architecture - Ørestad - University Gardens about Architecture in Copenhagen Favorites
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Copenhagen travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Intro, 205 reviews, 391 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 82 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Intro, 112 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 102 reviews, 168 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 86 reviews, 176 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 80 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 67 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 70 reviews, 137 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 72 reviews, 128 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (37)
- Nyhavn- 102 Reviews, 185 Photos
- Christiania- 47 Reviews, 93 Photos
- Tivoli Garden- 134 Reviews, 247 Photos
- Little Mermaid- 103 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Rådhuspladsen - Town hall square- 77 Reviews, 159 Photos
- Canal & Harbour Tours- 48 Reviews, 96 Photos
- Amalienborg Palace- 72 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Rosenborg Palace & Kongens Have- 63 Reviews, 133 Photos
- Carlsberg Brewery- 33 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Christiansborg Palace- 42 Reviews, 94 Photos
See All Copenhagen Things to Do