"Shakespeare's County" Top 5 Page for this destination Warwickshire by Bwana_Brown

Warwickshire Travel Guide: 878 reviews and 2,231 photos

Our time in Warwickshire was relatively brief and this marked the northernmost extent of our travels on this particular trip. After spending the night in nearby Banbury, Oxfordshire, my wife wanted to make the short drive to Stratford-upon-Avon to see the famous cottage where Shakespeare's wife, Anne Hathaway, had been raised. It was a cool but sunny Monday morning that worked out quite well for a tour around the grounds of this very popular tourist attraction. By just after lunch time, we were finished with Warwickshire and were headed south into the yellow stone towns of Gloucestershire, the next leg of our journey (or check my Surrey page for a description of how the trip began).

• Pros:Famous for its Shakespear attractions
  • Last visit to Warwickshire: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 8, 2004

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Glenn, outstanding photos of this well know region in England.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Classic UK stop, Glenn but you must have had a pub lunch somewhere along the trip here. ;)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2006 at 5:54 PM

Wonderful architecture of Shakespeare's house. I need a talented architect to copy the house in Poland for me :-)

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2006 at 12:24 AM

I think the entrance fee this year was even higher. Lovely picture of the cottage. The views of the area are great I agree, it was interesting to see a winter scene.

• antistar's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2006 at 11:03 AM

Great stuff for a short visit. It's a shame you didn't get to spend more time in my home county. There's a lot more to it than Shakespeare :).

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2006 at 10:16 PM

Excellent picture of Anne Hathaway's Cottage but the fee for the visits seems high !

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 4:00 AM

Thanks for the advise on Anne Hathaways cottage. Interesting pages!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2005 at 7:38 AM

Interesting.

• stefano99's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2004 at 1:57 PM

Very detailed and interesting tip for Ann Hathaway's Cottage.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2004 at 2:27 AM

Thought I might see some Shakespeare stuff. And snow as well. Got a lot of weather in England, didn't you!

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Warwickshire

Have you been to Warwickshire?

Latest Activity in Warwickshire