"Into The Sahara!" Morocco by Bwana_Brown

Morocco Travel Guide: 10,349 reviews and 29,359 photos

I had the chance to visit Morocco many years ago on my month-long trip from Zambia to Canada via East & North Africa. The Sahara desert beckoned, so I decided that Marrakesh was the place to be - with a bus trip over the Atlas Mountains to Ouarzazate thrown into the mix! Although it was a great experience, the passage of time has severely dulled my memory on the details of exactly where we were from day to day! On the trip over the Atlas range from Marrakesh, we did stop to take this photo of the 'Gate to the Sahara Desert' !

• Last visit to Morocco: Jul 1974
  • Intro Updated Apr 25, 2003

• starship's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Thanks for sharing your memories and vintage photos.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2009 at 5:57 AM

You may have forgotten some things- but most things here don't change anyway. Lovely photos=good memories.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Enjoyed your page Glenn, we visited Marrakech Sept'08, regret we were not there 30 years earlier. Was your hotel ES Saadi, the Beetles & Rolling Stones stayed there in the 60s', and us in Sept'08.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Nice look at some long ago travels :) Bet you never forgot again to cover your head!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2008 at 5:17 AM

Hi great to see yr pg - yr photos dont look much different or older than mine!Check out my views from Taourirt Kasbah 25 yrs later! and the rest....Think it is time for a rtn visit to Morocco for you!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2007 at 6:10 AM

Looks like it's time for a return visit to Morocco!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2007 at 8:35 AM

I found Morocco to be one of the most exotic countires I've visited. Unfortunately, I didn't make it over the mountains to the Sahara.

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2007 at 12:23 PM

Hi Glenn: Thank you for dropping by my Penitentiary page! I love the patina that time brings to your Morocco experience. Oh, and I'm preparing to go to Ecuador in August. Best wishes.

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2007 at 4:21 AM

Great page, Glenn! It seems that much of Marrakech is unchanged in the 30 years since your visit. I guess the modern Gueliz part of town (with its McDonalds!) has sprung up in the last couple of decades, but the old town in your photos looks familiar!

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2006 at 9:49 AM

Nice old photos and memories. The bus trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate is still good.

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Morocco

Have you been to Morocco?

Latest Activity in Morocco