"Exploring South-Central Saskatchewan" Assiniboia by Bwana_Brown
Assiniboia Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 22 photos
Due to either rainy weather or other commitments, it had been quite a while since I had done any exploring around Regina, Saskatchewan. As a result, I suddenly decided on a Saturday morning that I was going on a little driving trip (after all, Sue was away in Alberta for a few weeks helping our daughter out with her 6-month old first-born)!
The trip turned out to be quite enjoyable - I always try to take the back roads that I have not been on before because they have very little traffic and usually provide some new and interesting sights. Since I'm also a bird and wildlife watcher I am rarely disappointed on any of these trips. This one was no exception as I had met my quota of animals as well as some of the quirky things that Saskatchewan has to offer. By the time I returned to Regina, I was surprised to see that I had racked up 600-km and 8-hours, it certainly did not feel like it did!
This page covers some to the things I came across such as Deer galloping along, a Pronghorn antelope, a National Historic Site, nice countryside and even a couple of old farm machinery relics! My 'General' tip includes a map of my wanderings on this trip, eventually getting close to the border of Montana, USA. Due to the limited number of large communities in Saskatchewan, there are not many locations listed on the VT data-base. I had already done a page on "Willow Bunch" from a trip last year so placed these latest wanderings under "Assiniboia", the little community where I stopped for lunch!
- Pros:Saskatchewan always seems to provide something interesting!
- Cons:Roads can be narrow, need to watch out for flying stones from the pavement edge
- In a nutshell:I can't wait to get on a few more unexplored roads!
This map gives an overview of the driving route I took south and west of Regina at about 9 AM on a Saturday morning just... more travel advice
Located in the country-side, the Claybank Brick Plant National Historic Site owes its existance to the discovery of rare... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Assiniboia Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Assiniboia
- 9 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Assiniboia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Assiniboia
Photos in AssiniboiaSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos