"My first real taste of Manitoba" Top 5 Page for this destination Brandon by Bwana_Brown
Brandon Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 38 photos
I had visited Manitoba only twice before, both times involving the capital city of Winnipeg. The first time was on a hitch-hiking trip from Canada's east coast in 1970 and the second was a 2-night dead-of-winter fly-in on a business trip in 1998. This time around was much better because, even though it was another working business trip, at least it was during beautiful summer weather and there was just enough free time to enable me to see a bit more of the province.
The company I work for in Regina, Saskatchewan had been awarded a major maintenance contract with a large industrial customer in Brandon, so about 35 of us converged on this sleepy little city for 7-8 days of solid work. We had quite good weather, sunny and warm with only a few rain showers, so on the one day when not all the crew was needed, I rented a car and did a little extra exploring outside the city. I was quite impressed by what I saw, including a Museum dedicated to training air force crews during World War II, beautiful countryside, Canada's longest swinging bridge over a pretty little river and a major 'castle' located in the middle of nowhere!
- Pros:Small, pretty and nice countryside
- Cons:Nothing major
- In a nutshell:Looks like lots of interesting things to do in the city and surrounding area
You never know what will crop up in small towns but I was still surprised when, next to the Swinging Bridge and on a... more travel advice
On the day I had the rental car, one of the other guys joined me as we headed out around noon to do a bit of exploring... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Brandon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My first real taste of Manitoba"
- "Brandon, Manitoba"
- "GHOST TOWN"
- "Divetrotter's new Brandon Page"
- "ClarindaPace's Brandon Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brandon
- Hotels in Brandon
- Transportation in Brandon
- Nightlife in Brandon
- Restaurants in Brandon
- Warnings and Dangers in Brandon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brandon
- 12 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Brandon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brandon
Photos in BrandonSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos