"Bwana_Brown's Newfoundland Page" Corner Brook by Bwana_Brown
Corner Brook Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 18 photos
In the summer of 2001 my wife and I decided to take an 8-day road trip to Newfoundland from our home in Fredericton, New Brunswick - 3500 km total as it turned out. The ferry ride across to Port aux Basques from North Sydney, NS was very enjoyable. A sunny day, with the odd whale sighting alongside and a great Newfie band in the lounge. We had pre-booked our accommodations at B&Bs and had great experiences at all stops. The highway system is absolutely great and we quickly made it to Gros Morne National Park. The boat tour of the inland fjord at Western Brook Pond (2300 foot sheer walls) was fantastic. The whole Rocky Harbour area is very nice (take a look at my Deer Lake page for more details). We then headed further north to see ancient settlements at Port au Choix before continuing to St. Anthony's at the northern tip. The only Viking settlement in North America, at L'anse aux Meadows, is very well done and nearby we also had a fantastic whale-watching expedition - humpbacks in the water with engines off and a great lightning storm on the mainland at the same time! My St. Anthony page describes our adventures in that part of the province! The people of Newfoundland were very friendly everywhere we went, the sun was shining and the scenery was breathtaking. The cost is so reasonable that it is criminal. Photo of "Tablelands", a World Heritage Site due to a 260 million year-old chunk of Earth's crust thrust to surface. Its distinctive brownish appearance is due to its chemical composition which is poisonous to all plant and animal life.
Newfoundland is full of big Moose - 127,000 of them at last count. You will see the occasional one along the highway... more travel advice
Three things that really stood out were: the boat trip on the Western Brook Pond inland fjords, touring the Viking... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Corner Brook Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bwana_Brown's Newfoundland Page"
- "PdRDuz's new Corner Brook Page"
- "911axe's Corner Brook Page"
- "danicamo's new Corner Brook Page"
- "ClarindaPace's Corner Brook Page"
- "Corner Brook, Newfoundland and Labrador"
- "Corner Brook"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corner Brook
- Hotels in Corner Brook
- Transportation in Corner Brook
- Warnings and Dangers in Corner Brook
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Corner Brook
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Corner Brook?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corner Brook
Photos in Corner BrookSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (65)
Latest Corner Brook hotel reviews
- Glynmill Inn
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013