Île du Havre Aubert Hotel Tips by Bwana_Brown
Île du Havre Aubert Hotels: 5 reviews and 5 photos
Harbour View of Restaurant & Our Upper Room
Located in the main part of Havre-Aubert, this Inn gives the impression that you are more isolated than this. Situated beside the harbour on its own extensive grounds, with a fishing boat pulled up on land, you have some fine views to enjoy. This inn was built around a 100-year old house and has recently added on a new section with 4 rooms. Altogether, there are 7 rooms, very tastefully done with hardwood floors and Ikea furniture in our case.
Unique Qualities: La Maree Haute is known for its fine food, being the bronze medal winner of gastronomy in Quebec for 2001 and 2002. Unfortunately, the chef was suffering from the after effects of a dental approintment, so we were not able to sample their restaurant, except for the breakfast which is included in the price of accommodations. We paid C$115 including taxes (about US$80) and felt it was well worth our while to stay there. I had booked the room in advance by telephone.
Address: 25 Chemin des Fumoirs, Havre-Aubert
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: At the cross-road streets when entering Havre-Aubert (beside the courthouse), look to the right over the harbour and you will see the Inn very close by, with large 'La Maree Haute' letters on the roof.
Other Contact: email@example.com
Our Breakfast Spot
The dining room was very well decorated and had great window views over the Gulf. The breakfast we had in this spacious dining area was the best that we had during our trip. After serving yourself fresh orange juice, we had a fruit entree of blueberries, strawberries and cooked rhubarb around a scoop of sherbet. This was followed by the main course of French toast and strips of bacon as well as steaming hot coffee. The closer to the meal was a light merangue dish.
Unique Qualities: As nearly always in these destinations, there were only a few other patrons down for breakfast. We enjoyed chatting with them to find out where they were from and what they had done so far.
Ocean View of 'sur Mer'
This inn is a large old house located at Bassin, on the south coast and with a view of the lighthouse off to the left. The inn has nine well-decorated rooms and we were lucky enough to get one upstairs with a centre balcony overlooking the ocean. The lady who owns the inn has some trouble with her English, but between the two of us we had enough French and English to figure out what we were trying to say! This was the best accommodation that we enjoyed on the islands.
Unique Qualities: It was fun sitting out on our balcony in the evening, sipping our wine in the light breezes. As the light faded, we saw, in the distance, the cruise ship "Vacancier" leaving for Montreal with its lights blazing. It reminded us of sitting on our balcony in Cancun not too long ago watching the Cozumel ships departing each night! This accommodation cost us C$161 including taxes (US$120) for one night with breakfast included.
Address: 1197 Chemin du Bassin
Comparison: most expensive
Directions: When driving through Bassin, not long after you pass the lighthouse (on your left) you will see Auberge sur Mer also on your left - with an ocean front setting.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Room at La Maree Haute
Practically everything in our room was hardwood, including the walls and even the floor in our bathroom The furniture and lamps were all from Ikea and we had an upstairs dormer with a great view out over the harbour.
Restaurant Looking Back from the Windows
Although we missed out on dinner, we did manage to have a great breakfast served in the restaurant. We were served a dish of fresh strawberries to start us off, then the toast came with wild raspberry jam. The main course of scrambled eggs included parmesan cheese and sea parsley - but I did miss not having some bacon, ham or sausage to go with it!.
More Reviews (14)
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Île du Havre Aubert Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Île du Havre Aubert
- Hotels in Île du Havre Aubert
- Transportation in Île du Havre Aubert
- Restaurants in Île du Havre Aubert
- Warnings and Dangers in Île du Havre Aubert
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lorena Flat
- Queen Charlotte's Orangery
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Galesburg, Illinois
- Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool
- Hotel Victoria De Cebu
- Best Western Poco Inn & Suites
- Faros Hotel
- Wyndham Garden Hotel Wood Dale
- City Park Sant Just Hotel Barcelona
- Akassia Swiss Resort
- Majestic Mountain Inn
- Clarion Hotel Historic District
- Posta '77
- The Lodge Outback Motel
Badges & Stats in Île du Havre Aubert
- 19 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Île du Havre Aubert?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Île du Havre Aubert
Photos in Île du Havre AubertSee All Photos (20)
Read real reviews about Île du Havre Aubert Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos