"An Island of Beautiful Hills" Île du Havre aux Maisons by Bwana_Brown

Ile du Havre-aux-Maisons is the third of the major islands, and the first one that you reach when heading north from the bustling area of Cap-aux-Meules. The airport is located here on the west side of the island, and so are most of the houses for the population of 2100. By far the most interesting part of the island for us was the eastern side, including the many hills overlooking the ocean. Most of the trees have been cut down, but there are some isolated stands and the hills are now mostly smooth green mounds.

See my Ile du Cap-aux-Meules page for details on how we arrived in the Madeleine Islands.

• Pros:Appealing hilly terrain
  • Cons:Too close to the business centre of the islands
  • In a nutshell:Worth a look!
  • Last visit to Île du Havre aux Maisons: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 30, 2003

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2010 at 6:02 AM

So funny that we stopped to take pics of the exact same house :o) I really enjoyed driving around Havre aux Maisons, such a beautiful place!

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2007 at 12:42 PM

Your intro pic caight my curiosity: the landscape looks quite similar like the coast of the Bretagne. Not much of a tourist destination, but a nice place anyway!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2006 at 2:39 PM

I'm "blown away" by this page. That's one of the squattiest looking lighthouses I've seen. I guess if it were taller, it might blow away.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2005 at 9:18 PM

Windy page ! I had never seen any wind turbine of that kind !

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 12:38 PM

Great info about the wind turbine, I have never heard of them being that shape before. Difficult to know which direction to take about power for the future isnt it! Roll on cold fusion lol!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2003 at 8:03 PM

From the looks of that terrain, I doubt the wind stops blowing very often! Great continuation of the series.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2003 at 12:52 AM

Wind power sounds interesting! I wonder how many birds meet their fate in them?? Another beautiful area!!

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Île du Havre aux Maisons

Have you been to Île du Havre aux Maisons?

Latest Activity in Île du Havre aux Maisons