"A beautiful drive to Kingston" Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston by Bwana_Brown
Kingston Travel Guide: 187 reviews and 401 photos
My wife and I had to make a 1400-kilometre (870-mile) mad dash to Toronto for a family wedding, taking divided superhighways the whole way, including passing through Montreal. As a result, we decided to slow down an smell the roses a bit on our homeward leg by taking a secondary highway route to beautiful Kingston, Ontario. This city is located where the Great Lakes empty into the mighty St. Lawrence River amid a confusing array of small islands - known as the Thousand Islands area. We did not have a lot of spare time to spend in Kingston itself, but the beautiful lakeside drive through farmlands and historic small towns left us well satisfied with our decision! The entire coast along this part of Lake Ontario is full of historic buildings dating from the 1780s when British 'Loyalists' fled north from the American Revolution and began their new lives along this watery 'highway' of Quebec and eastern Ontario.
- Pros:Located in the beautiful 1000-Islands area
- In a nutshell:A historic city with a fantastic location
One of the most impressive sights of the whole trip was suddenly confronting Collins Bay Institution, a 485-cell medium... more travel advice
We made a long approach to Kingston on the 100-km (62-mile) Loyalist Parkway, which starts near Trenton and takes a... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Kingston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kingston and the 1000 Islands"
- "Canada's First Capital....Kingston"
- "A beautiful drive to Kingston"
- "A City Full of History"
- "My Kingston and Wolfe Island page"
- "Canada's First Capital"
- "~ Where History and Innovation Thrive ~"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kingston
- Hotels in Kingston
- Transportation in Kingston
- Nightlife in Kingston
- Restaurants in Kingston
- Shopping in Kingston
- Warnings and Dangers in Kingston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kingston
- 8 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (156)
Have you been to Kingston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kingston
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Off the beaten path vs..."
- updated a Kingston Travel Page "A beautiful drive to Kingston"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A beautiful drive to Kingston"
- Wrote a Review Magnificent Collins Bay Institution in Kingston Things to Do
- Commented on one of windsorgirl's Kingston travel pages
Photos in KingstonSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos