"The scenic Qu'Appelle River valley" Lumsden by Bwana_Brown
Lumsden Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 38 photos
Saturday on the Easter weekend turned out to be a sunny and mild day, with comfortable temperatures right around the freezing mark. After a long and cold winter, it felt great to have a long-weekend to do a bit of exploring close to Regina now that most of the snow had melted and there was something to see besides whiteness.
On some of my earlier drives in Saskatchewan, both for business and while on my way to Alberta, I had crossed the Qu'Appelle River valley and was waiting for a chance to actually slow down and have a proper look at it. On this day, I decided I would make a short looping drive outside of Regina, heading north toward the tiny village of Craven that sits on one of the walls of the valley. The village is so small that it does not appear on the VT database, so I have placed it under the nearby town of Lumsden, which is located on main Highway 11 between the province's major cities of Regina and Saskatoon.
It turned out to be a very enjoyable trip taken at a relaxed pace as I explored along this meandering river in its wide valley.
- Pros:The Qu'Appelle River valley makes for a beautiful drive
- Cons:Not really much to do in Craven
- In a nutshell:It was fun to do some exploration in Saskatchewan!
This view of the Qu'Appelle was actually taken about 2 weeks later when I was flying over it on a return trip from... more travel advice
The landscape of the valley walls is a constant jumble of gently rolling hills and valleys, created when the Qu'Appelle... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Lumsden Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Lumsden
- Transportation in Lumsden
- Nightlife in Lumsden
- Restaurants in Lumsden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lumsden
- 12 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Lumsden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lumsden
Photos in LumsdenSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos