"Tucked Away in the North" Meadow Lake Provincial Park by Bwana_Brown

While visiting my daughter and her family in their new home town of Cold Lake, Alberta, I took advantage to make a short 200-km round trip drive into neighbouring Saskatchewan. Meadow Lake Provincial Park is located just over the border and, since it was a cool day with intermittent sun and clouds, it was a great chance to see what Saskatchewan looks like this far north (about half-way up along the border with Alberta).

• In a nutshell:It Wasn't a Great Day for Weather!
  • Last visit to Meadow Lake Provincial Park: Sep 2004
  • Intro Written Sep 26, 2004

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Looks like a plesant drive to Meadow Lake Provincial Park, with the autumn colours and Game Farms along the road. Too bad about the weather though!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2009 at 5:11 AM

An enjoyable detour into OTBP Sasketchewan. A pity the weather wasn't obliging, but it looks a pleasant area and the welded wildlife certainly were a bonus for your grand-daughter.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2008 at 11:15 PM

This is interesting, I have seen now Saskatchewan's spring, winter and autumn in a row and I really like autumn best. The colours are mostly magic, let alone the light :-) And yes, the welded animals are cute, I like the butterfly best :-)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2008 at 11:45 AM

A shame you didn't have better weather, but a great glimpse of another corner of rural Satskatchewan nevertheless. Love the autumn colours, baby elk & giant butterfly :)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2008 at 1:00 PM

Glenn, lovely little page. Up to now I only made it to Ontario and Quebec in Canada, but I would love to visit Saskatchewan one day.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2007 at 1:50 PM

Interesting location. I liked the welded sculptures.

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2007 at 8:52 AM

Thanks, I'm always curious about Satskatchewan, there's a small town down south with a similar name to my surname :)

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2007 at 7:33 PM

Was hoping to see some Saskatchewan beer tips here, Glenn. This is one province I've not made it to yet.

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2004 at 4:13 PM

I've been to many parts of SK, but not near Meadow Lake yet. Good page! Do you recommend that we drop everything and go visit?

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2004 at 5:33 PM

an interesting location ! Where else could you ride a spider or butterfly - I am sure the kids will remember it forever !

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Meadow Lake Provincial Park

Have you been to Meadow Lake Provincial Park?

Latest Activity in Meadow Lake Provincial Park