"Spectacular Montmorency Falls" Montmorency by Bwana_Brown

Montmorency Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 71 photos

Montmorency Falls is a 272 foot (83 meter) drop that was formed when the Montmorency River found that the easiest way for it to reach the St. Lawrence River below was to exploit a geological feature in this area. The one-billion year old gneiss rocks to the right abut with half-billion year old grey limestone rocks to the left, providing a weak point for the river to carve its course. The photo shows the small Baroness lookout near the top left, the pedestrian suspension foot bridge over the falls and some of the lookout platforms on the stairway down the right side of the falls.

• Pros:A beautiful area with great tour facilities
  • In a nutshell:A great way to spend a relaxed half-day.
  • Last visit to Montmorency: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 2, 2006

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2010 at 4:58 AM

Great picture here! It may remain wishful thinking but I have added this place to my Quebec list!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2006 at 12:39 PM

Even though I'm sure it's quite small in scale compared to Iguazu or Niagara, it'd be a shame to be so close and not go see these falls. Maybe on our way back to Montreal :-)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2005 at 9:24 PM

Breathtaking view on the cascade ! This would be a dream (or the nightmare!) for a Tuareg !

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2004 at 5:58 AM

Wow.... That is quite the cascade there, Glenn... Some day, I need to visit our northern cousins, I guess...

• Canadienne's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2003 at 7:44 PM

Scott's right ~ that footbridge is a little scary! The views must be amazing though. . . :-)

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2003 at 1:04 PM

I think my knees would be shaking if I crossed that bridge!! hahah I'd give it a try though!!

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Montmorency

Have you been to Montmorency?

Latest Activity in Montmorency