"Spectacular Montmorency Falls" Montmorency by Bwana_Brown
Montmorency Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 71 photos
Montmorency Falls is a 272 foot (83 meter) drop that was formed when the Montmorency River found that the easiest way for it to reach the St. Lawrence River below was to exploit a geological feature in this area. The one-billion year old gneiss rocks to the right abut with half-billion year old grey limestone rocks to the left, providing a weak point for the river to carve its course. The photo shows the small Baroness lookout near the top left, the pedestrian suspension foot bridge over the falls and some of the lookout platforms on the stairway down the right side of the falls.
- Pros:A beautiful area with great tour facilities
- In a nutshell:A great way to spend a relaxed half-day.
This photo shows the stairway down from the top of the falls to its foot from a distant perspective, taken from near the... more travel advice
On the right side of the Falls, a panoramic stairway has been built with observation points every so often. Near the... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Montmorency Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Montmorency Falls, a nice daytrip from Quebec City"
- "Spectacular Montmorency Falls"
- "Les Chutes Montmorency (or Montmorency Falls)"
- "A TOUR OF THE MONTMORENCY FALLS"
- "Chute Montmorency (Montmorency Falls)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montmorency
- Transportation in Montmorency
- Restaurants in Montmorency
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montmorency
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Montmorency?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montmorency
Photos in MontmorencySee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos