"An interesting glimpse into Saskatchewan's past" Old Wives Lake by Bwana_Brown
Old Wives Lake Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 28 photos
Earlier in the first week of April 2008, I had returned from a short vacation in Fredericton, New Brunswick where I had to shovel snow off the roof of our house, chop thick ice away in the driveway and climbed snowbanks that were still about 7 feet high! As a result, the sunny and warm (1 C) Saturday weather in Regina, along with practically zero snow, inspired me to jump into my car and take off for few hours to explore Saskatchewan a bit more.
A look at my map of the province revealed the Old Wives Lake National Migratory Bird Sanctuary is located not too far west and south of the city of Moose Jaw, so that was all the encouragement I needed. It turned out to be another interesting drive in rural Saskatchewan - there is a lot more to this province than one is generally led to believe!
- Pros:You can always find something interesting out there
- Cons:The number of large ranches make it difficult to get off the highways
- In a nutshell:I always enjoy driving Saskatchewan's 'back-roads'
At the end of my Old Wives Lake drive, after not even seeing the two 'ghost' towns of Lillestrom and Old Wives that were... more travel advice
Although my distant view of the eastern part of the lake is not very impressive, Old Wives Lake is considered to be one... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Old Wives Lake Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An interesting glimpse into Saskatchewan's past"
- Create a Old Wives Lake Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Old Wives Lake
- 8 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (101)
Have you been to Old Wives Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Old Wives Lake
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Off the beaten path vs..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mix a bit of birdwatching with your drive!"
- updated a Old Wives Lake Travel Page "An interesting glimpse into Saskatchewan's past"
- Wrote a Review Stop for a look at some of the derelict machinery in Old Wives Lake Things to Do
Photos in Old Wives LakeSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos