"Quebec City - A Bit of Europe Close at Hand!" Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec by Bwana_Brown
Quebec Travel Guide: 1,564 reviews and 3,453 photos
On the occasion of a visit from England by my wife's sister, we decided to take her to Quebec City for a little exploration (late-May, 2005). For once, we did not have the best weather one could hope for, as a result of the cold, wet and windy Spring we experienced. However, Quebec City is such a great city to visit, we still very much enjoyed our time there! I have updated my page with a few tips on our latest trip.
I had a 2-day meeting in Quebec City (August, 2004) so took the opportunity to enjoy more of the many pleasures that this UNESCO World Heritage Site has to offer. The weather was sunny and a balmy 25 C - perfect for strolling around the only walled city in Canada and the USA. If you want to experience a little bit of Europe without actually going there, this is your best bet on this continent!
My wife and I were returning to New Brunswick (mid-Oct. 2003) from a conference that I attended in Montreal, so we decided to stop-over in Quebec City on our way home. Once again, we were very fortunate to enjoy great weather (22 degrees C) for mid-October! This time we decided that we would take a day to explore two amazing places only a short distance northeast of the city - the spectacular Montmorency Falls and the beautiful Ile d'Orleans! They both exceeded our expectations! For futher details, please see my pages on those locations!
I recently had a business trip to Quebec City (July, 2002) so I was able to spend 3 days there enjoying the great ambience of the city! It really is a worthwhile place to visit, with its Old World charm, something completely different in the North American context. Photo of me next to a fresco painted on the side of a building in the lower part of Old Quebec. The gentleman "standing" next to me is Samuel Champlain, the French explorer who founded the city in 1608. The entire side of the building was done in a similar style with paintings of various people through the ages who have played a major role in the cultural development of Quebec.
- Pros:Too much history and geography for you to go wrong!
- In a nutshell:Summer or Winter, Quebec City has something to Offer
Of course, Quebec City is full of small shops selling all manner of sculptures, paintings, trinkets and just about any... more travel advice
We were staying right beside the Chateau Frontenac, so we had to wander in and at least sample their service. The Bar... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Quebec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quebec, mon amour!"
- "Quebec City, Quebec, Canada"
- "Quebec City - A Bit of Europe Close at Hand!"
- "Quebec, the charming French town"
- "Une Petite Tour de La Ville de Quebec...."
- "Quebec City, c'est magnifique!"
- "LA BELLE PROVINCE - QUEBEC"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quebec
- Hotels in Quebec
- Transportation in Quebec
- Nightlife in Quebec
- Restaurants in Quebec
- Shopping in Quebec
- Warnings and Dangers in Quebec
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quebec
- 34 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Quebec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quebec
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How to contact new member "
- Commented on one of margaretvn's Quebec travel pages
- Wrote a Review A Trendy Little Street for Artists about Rue du Trésor in Quebec Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Trendy Little Street for Artists"
- updated a Quebec Travel Page "Quebec City - A Bit of Europe Close at Hand!"
Photos in QuebecSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos