"Quebec City - A Bit of Europe Close at Hand!" Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec by Bwana_Brown

Quebec Travel Guide: 1,564 reviews and 3,459 photos

On the occasion of a visit from England by my wife's sister, we decided to take her to Quebec City for a little exploration (late-May, 2005). For once, we did not have the best weather one could hope for, as a result of the cold, wet and windy Spring we experienced. However, Quebec City is such a great city to visit, we still very much enjoyed our time there! I have updated my page with a few tips on our latest trip.

I had a 2-day meeting in Quebec City (August, 2004) so took the opportunity to enjoy more of the many pleasures that this UNESCO World Heritage Site has to offer. The weather was sunny and a balmy 25 C - perfect for strolling around the only walled city in Canada and the USA. If you want to experience a little bit of Europe without actually going there, this is your best bet on this continent!

My wife and I were returning to New Brunswick (mid-Oct. 2003) from a conference that I attended in Montreal, so we decided to stop-over in Quebec City on our way home. Once again, we were very fortunate to enjoy great weather (22 degrees C) for mid-October! This time we decided that we would take a day to explore two amazing places only a short distance northeast of the city - the spectacular Montmorency Falls and the beautiful Ile d'Orleans! They both exceeded our expectations! For futher details, please see my pages on those locations!

I recently had a business trip to Quebec City (July, 2002) so I was able to spend 3 days there enjoying the great ambience of the city! It really is a worthwhile place to visit, with its Old World charm, something completely different in the North American context. Photo of me next to a fresco painted on the side of a building in the lower part of Old Quebec. The gentleman "standing" next to me is Samuel Champlain, the French explorer who founded the city in 1608. The entire side of the building was done in a similar style with paintings of various people through the ages who have played a major role in the cultural development of Quebec.

• Pros:Too much history and geography for you to go wrong!
  • In a nutshell:Summer or Winter, Quebec City has something to Offer
  • Last visit to Quebec: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 4, 2005

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Superb Quebec travel page with stunning images. Quebec certainly attracts us a lot especially Chateau Frontenac, Old Quebec and Montmorency Falls. We hope to visit Quebec one day. Thanks for the virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM

excellent page, salmon looks great, may in view of the current economic doldrums be our european exposure for this year.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2008 at 5:40 PM

Hey, Bwana! I'm investigating Quebec for my son & wife...thinking of 10th anniv. up there. Searching for small French hotel or apartment....

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2007 at 9:58 AM

Quebec is possibly the venue for our next summer vacation. It looks like a wonderful place to visit, and you've got some great restaurant and hotel tips.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2007 at 10:03 AM

xclent tips we have from this page of yours for our next visit to this city in the last week of this month.

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2006 at 5:16 PM

Beautiful Quebec, indeed... And very well done page. Thanks.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2006 at 9:40 AM

Those chateaux really did define Canada for me for years. Quebec has been on my places-to-go-to list ever since I read Willa Cather's "Shadows on the Rock". One day .... leyle

• nicolettart's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2006 at 7:50 AM

Thank you for your thorough tips!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2006 at 8:27 AM

I've been wanting to go here for years and we are finally going to see it in July, excellent tips, esp. appreciated the ferry tip :-)

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2006 at 11:37 AM

Great tips on one of my favorite cities!

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Quebec