Regina Transportation Tips by Bwana_Brown Top 5 Page for this destination
Regina Transportation: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Troopers Practising Their 'Musical Ride'
We preceeded our visit to Regina with a few days visit further west in Alberta, flying Air Canada for the whole trip from eastern Canada. Regina is a spread out place, like almost all Prairie towns and cities in Canada, so we pre-booked a nice Chrysler rental car from the airport. The price was reasonable and you will need your own wheels if you really want to get around the city with freedom.
Of course another form of transportation is just walking. Here, we were watching the practise marching drills of the members of the graduating troop. They basically perform all the intricate manoeuvers of the world-famous horseback 'Musical Ride' performed by the RCMP. Marching to music, the 32 troopers execute a variety of intricate figures based on cavalry drill as they wheel, break into formations which pass through each other before assuming another formation. Demanding utmost control, timing and coordination, these movements are really amazing to watch - I was very impressed! The first Musical Ride with horses took place in 1887 as a way for the members to display their horse-riding skills while entertaining both themselves and the public.
One little thing which visitors to Canada may not know is, when you see an RCMP officer, it is highly unlikely he will be wearing his scarlet jacket, stetson hat, brown boots or riding pants. Those are only used for ceremonial occassions. The everyday uniform consists of straight legged trousers and shirts in the colours seen here, along with a dark jacket and regular police cap with a yellow band around it.
More Reviews (26)
- Take in a Canadian Football League game
- See All Great location in the heart of downtown
- See All Wascana Park
- A Canada-wide supermarket chain
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Regina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "'Mounties' graduation ceremony!"
- "The Capital of Saskatchewan"
- "The City in the Prairies"
- "Regina: green oasis in Saskatchewan"
- "Regina, the Queen City"
- "Laurie-Jeanne's Not Just Regina Page!!"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Regina
- Hotels in Regina
- Transportation in Regina
- Nightlife in Regina
- Restaurants in Regina
- Shopping in Regina
- Warnings and Dangers in Regina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Regina
- 27 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Regina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Regina
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How to contact new member "
- Commented on one of IrishFem's Regina travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take in a Canadian Football League game"
- Wrote a Review Take in a Canadian Football League game in Regina Sports & Outdoors
- updated a Regina Travel Page "'Mounties' graduation ceremony!"
Photos in ReginaSee All Photos (70)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos