"'Mounties' graduation ceremony!" Top 5 Page for this destination Regina by Bwana_Brown

Regina Travel Guide: 141 reviews and 275 photos

In May, 2001 my wife and I had a short 3-day trip to Regina in order to attend the graduation of one of our sons-in-law, JP (centre), from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Training Academy located there. Although it was late April, we were fortunate to hit a freak hot spell of 30 degree C weather - making our strolls around Regina quite pleasant! In addition to the unique experience of touring the RCMP training facilities and witnessing their excellent marching techniques we also had a quick glimpse of Prince Charles, who had heard that we would be in town!

October, 2007 - It looks like I'll be spending a lot more time in Regina, since I have just taken up a new engineering job here with a consulting firm based in Saskatchewan and Manitoba. I have included the latest Accommodations and Restaurant additions and will continue to build this Regina page as I gradually explore what the city has to offer!

• Pros:Quiet, relaxing and inexpensive
  • Cons:Maybe too quiet?
  • Last visit to Regina: Jan 2008
  • Intro Updated Jan 20, 2008

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2012 at 1:08 PM

It certainly is green and wonderful up that way. You must really enjoy getting out in it for VT good pictures and comments

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2010 at 5:03 AM

Glenn, this was another one of your quite interesting pages. I learned a lot about Regina and the graduation. They seemed to have treated you royally, glad you got the job. You moved again recently didn't you?

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I know now where you live Glenn! I’m surprised so many interesting things to see are in this deep in the plains lost city; I enjoyed my little tour and I’m sure I’ll not starve there, there are many “inviting” restaurants.

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Great hometown photos & detail - Congratulations on your son-in-law's graduation! I wouldn't mind a Sobeys in Rome - but I think our prices are better here! Ciao, Carol <(•¿•)>

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2009 at 7:10 AM

My youngest daughter's first boyfriend came from Saskatchewan. I remember looking up the RCMP Museum on the internet.

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2009 at 9:52 AM

I see that I visited this page already, probably it was long time ago, before I visited Regina. My last trip there was two years ago.

• atufft's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2008 at 9:34 AM

I assume "mounties" referes to horse mounted, rather than having to do with mountains? The plaines province Indian war period is interesting...

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Proud moments for you here in Regina = great restaurant tips made me hungry especially for breakfast but can't quite figure how you endured the temperature!!

• Camping_Girl's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2008 at 8:37 AM

Ah, memories of Regina and the Bushwakker Brew Pub. It used to be one of my favorite haunts. (I lived in Regina for 13 years, prior to coming to Alberta.) If you have any questions, just holler.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2008 at 3:13 PM

2005, A great and very informative page on a special event, the Hearing Aid Convention ! 2008, and superb updates with the bisons watching you, fortunately not the big bison!

Bwana_Brown Used To Live Here!

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Regina