"In the Wilds of Terrace, BC" Terrace by Bwana_Brown
Terrace Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 63 photos
British Columbia, Canada’s western-most province, is a huge area covering about 945,000 square kilometers of territory, even if it is only the 5th largest of Canada’s thirteen provinces and territories. If BC was a country, it would be the 32nd largest in the world, ranking behind Tanzania and ahead of Nigeria. Due to its geography, the vast majority of its population lives in the southern part of the province, relatively close the USA border – resulting in the fact that if one travels even only halfway up the province you will be nearing the end of any large settlements. Left facing you will be majestic forests, mountains, bodies of water and coastal inlets that go on forever - with only two main highways continuing to its northern boundaries with the Yukon and Northwest Territories parts of Canada!
My brother had been working and living at Terrace, in that mid-province part of BC for the past several years, so Sue and I decided it was high time we paid them a little visit. We last drove in mainland BC in 1982 on our return home from Papua New Guinea, so we were looking forward to another chance to explore this beautiful province, even if for only a few days. It turned out that we were really lucky with the weather in early September, with mostly sunny skies and pleasant temperatures and just a few clouds highlighting the numerous mountain peaks. We had a fantastic time hiking, canoeing and just touring the area with my brother and his wife – with accommodations in their lovely lakeside cottage. These tips detail the three days we spent with them before we packed our bags and made the long drive back to Regina, Saskatchewan as work called once again. The map in my ‘General’ tip gives a high level view of our overall drive.
- Pros:A beautiful place to live and enjoy nature
- Cons:Well off the beaten track - a long drive to or from anywhere
- In a nutshell:A great place to explore when the weather cooperates!
Something I had never realized before was that there is a species of white bears that are not related to Polar bears -... more travel advice
This map shows our departure from Regina, Saskatchewan for the 7 hour drive west to Calgary, where we met up with old... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Terrace Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Wilds of Terrace, BC"
- "My hometown Terrace"
- "Terrace, down to the core."
- "aka RIPBUM"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Terrace
- Hotels in Terrace
- Transportation in Terrace
- Restaurants in Terrace
- Warnings and Dangers in Terrace
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Terrace
- 22 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Terrace?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Terrace
Photos in TerraceSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos