"Yellowstone National Park was fantastic" Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park by Bwana_Brown
Yellowstone National Park Travel Guide: 1,097 reviews and 3,426 photos
After reading VT member Richiecdisc’s page on the adventures that he and D had experienced in both Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, my wife Sue and I decided it was high time that we too visited these two top-of-the-line American NPs. After all, they were only about 640 miles (1030 km) away by highway from our Regina home in Saskatchewan, Canada - where we had been living for almost 3-years. Because it was a spur of the moment decision near the end of June and with our planned dates hitting the peak of the summer holiday season, it was not surprising that the only accommodations we could book in either of these two adjoining National Parks was two nights at Jackson Lake Lodge in Grand Teton – at about US$250 per night (not a price we normally go for!). It is only money, but the memories last forever – so we booked it and figured the rest out from there.
As things turned out, we had beautiful sunny weather for our end of July/early August trip and we found both national parks to be really outstanding, providing us with wonderful memories that we will never forget. To mesh with our reservations, we left Regina a day and a half early to get within easy striking distance of our accommodation dates. As a bonus, this also allowed us to take in the Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument (the site of US Army General Custer’s ‘last stand’ against the native tribes who historically owned this area) near Billings, Montana as a lead-in to the real objective of our trip. My first ‘General’ tip on this page provides a map of Yellowstone showing our driving routes into and out of Yellowstone NP. It also shows how we tried to take in as much as we could while inside the park during our limited available time of one full day and two half-days (Grand Teton took up another day and a half).
- Pros:An amazing variety of attractions spread far and wide!
- Cons:Advanced booking required and you better hope for good weather
- In a nutshell:One of the most amazing places I have visited. So many new natural wonders I had never seen before.
Following the second large drop at Lower Yellowstone Falls, the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone starts to get serious –... more travel advice
As Crocodile Dundee would have said: “That’s not a waterfall, THIS is a waterfall”! Wow, I’ve seen a few waterfalls in... more travel advice
- See All Pine Bark Beetles and forest fires
- See All Bison rule here
- See All Blasts from the past!
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Yellowstone National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yellowstone National Park, My Neighbor"
- "Incredible Yellowstone National Park"
- "Yellowstone National Park was fantastic"
- "Yellowstone National Park"
- "Yellowstone: Hot springs and shifting landscapes"
- "Yellowstone!.... a dream come true!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yellowstone National Park
- Hotels in Yellowstone National Park
- Transportation in Yellowstone National Park
- Nightlife in Yellowstone National Park
- Restaurants in Yellowstone National Park
- Shopping in Yellowstone National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Yellowstone National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yellowstone National Park
- 42 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Yellowstone National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yellowstone National Park
- Commented on one of GuthrieColin's Yellowstone National Park travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great Fountain Geyser on Firehole Lake Drive"
- updated a Yellowstone National Park Travel Page "Yellowstone National Park was fantastic"
- Wrote a Review The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone about Grand Canyon in Yellowstone National Park Things to Do
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: St. Martins, New Brunswick,..."
Photos in Yellowstone National ParkSee All Photos (120)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (65)
Latest Yellowstone National Park hotel reviews
- Grant Village Lodge
- 426 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Lake Yellowstone Hotel
- 853 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Lake Lodge Cabins
- 364 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
- 1055 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Bridge Bay Campground
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 25, 2013
- Dunraven Lodge
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Fishing Bridge RV Park
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013
- Madison Campground
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
- 167 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Canyon Village Campground
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Canyon Lodge and Cabins
- 291 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Grant Village Campground
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 3, 2013
- Old Faithful Snow Lodge and Cabins
- 638 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Cascade Lodge
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 29, 2013
- Norris Campground
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013