"These Mountains cannot be ignored!" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park by Bwana_Brown
Grand Teton National Park Travel Guide: 314 reviews and 925 photos
Over the years from reading one article or another, I had always been impressed by the rugged mountain peaks in this famous American National Park, so my wife and I decided that we really should make some sort of attempt to visit it while we were relatively so close – only about 1200 km (750 miles) to Grand Teton NP by road from our home in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Because I am still working and don’t have a lot of vacation time to play with, we decided we would just have to make do with a six and a half day road trip.
The first two days were spent reaching Grand Teton NP’s next door neighbor (Yellowstone NP) and included a stop at the Little Bighorn National Memorial Monument east of Billings, Montana - where Custer and his US Cavalry troops met an untimely end in their battle with the local American Indian tribes. Because of the location of Grand Teton NP, and with us spending about two and a half days in the much larger Yellowstone NP, we ended up with only just over a day to see what Grand Teton had to offer before we had to make one long 12-hour day of driving to return home again.
It was a short visit, but this National Park more than met our expectations! We found Grand Teton NP to be not as busy as the more famous Yellowstone and it also has more spectacular views. However, for the pure variety of amazing and unique geological wonders scattered all over the place, I would have to say that Yellowstone NP comes out on top. It did not matter one way or the other to us, we had sunshine the whole time and when all things are taken into consideration, we really enjoyed every experience of this road trip!
- Pros:Stunning scenery no matter where you look
- Cons:It's small size and proximity to Jackson can lead to overcrowding at many locations
- In a nutshell:This is one amazing National Park that you should not miss!
Our very brief travels in Grand Teton National Park began after our first day and a half exploring Yellowstone NP to the... more travel advice
After our pleasant stop beside the old cabin, we continued our drive and actually went about seven miles (10 km) outside... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Grand Teton National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tall Tales from the Grand Tetons"
- "Majestic Mountains and Moose!"
- "These Mountains cannot be ignored!"
- "Grand Teton or Grand Tetons ?"
- "Grand Teton N.P. - the highest of the Rockies"
- "Best thing about Grand Teton NP? The Locals...."
- "Mountain grandeur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Teton National Park
- Hotels in Grand Teton National Park
- Transportation in Grand Teton National Park
- Nightlife in Grand Teton National Park
- Restaurants in Grand Teton National Park
- Shopping in Grand Teton National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Teton National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Teton National Park
- 21 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Grand Teton National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Teton National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How to contact new member "
- Commented on one of PinkFloydActuary's Grand Teton National Park travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Expensive - but a nice way to end in Grand Teton"
- updated a Grand Teton National Park Travel Page "These Mountains cannot be ignored!"
- Wrote a Review Map of our travels in Grand Teton National Park Favorites
Photos in Grand Teton National ParkSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos