"An overnight stop on a long road-trip" Eau Claire by Bwana_Brown
Eau Claire Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 8 photos
Although it had taken us three long days of driving to reach Eau Claire from New Brunswick, Canada we had settled into a nice routine of cruise-control on the American Interstate highway system. By mid-October, the long winter nights are starting to set in, so 10-hours a day is about all you can squeeze out of it before the numerous deer begin to dart out unexpectedly while you are at full tilt - just not worth the risk.
I had spent a few days in Milwaukee, Wisconsin a few years before on business, but this was our first trip through the western part of the state. The landscape was quite impressive, with its glacially carved stone formations, but we were a bit put-off by the numerous garish water-slide theme parks and the odd casino that have plunked themselves down beside the highway in this unique wilderness area. However, I guess that is to be expected, since this has been a prime American tourist area for over 100 years!
At the end of the day, we had a fantastic meal and a beautiful sleep!
- Pros:Countryside well worth checking out
- Cons:A major tourist destination with prices to accompany in 'season'
- In a nutshell:Eau Claire treated us well
I must admit that I had never before heard of this spectacular natural attraction located in western Wisconsin! After... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Eau Claire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An overnight stop on a long road-trip"
- "EAU CLAIRE, my original hometown"
- "Where we like to feed the ducks..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eau Claire
- Hotels in Eau Claire
- Nightlife in Eau Claire
- Restaurants in Eau Claire
- Warnings and Dangers in Eau Claire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eau Claire
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (156)
Have you been to Eau Claire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eau Claire
Photos in Eau ClaireSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos