"Brief Visit to Dallas" Dallas by Bwana_Brown

Dallas Travel Guide: 1,349 reviews and 2,481 photos

During late November, I spent most of a week in Dallas and surrounding area to attend meetings on 3 consecutive days. The weather was really cooperative with clear sunny skies and daytime temperatures of 20 degees C every day! The two things that made the biggest impression on me were how friendly everyone was and how "dead" Dallas was from a hustle and bustle point of view - maybe the economy really is in the tank! Because I was tied up through the days, and it got dark quickly, I did not really do a proper job of documenting this trip - so my descriptions will be brief. The photo was a quick one taken from a taxi - we were staying downtown and were too close to the many beautiful skyscrapers to get any decent shots.

• Last visit to Dallas: Nov 2002
  • Intro Written Nov 28, 2002

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2008 at 3:26 PM

I've never been to Dallas; the reason I would want to go is to see where that horrid historic moment took place. For all of us, it "hits a nerve".

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2007 at 6:39 AM

Interesting tips of Dallas. Cheers, SL :)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2006 at 8:42 AM

From far away, the name of Dallas reminds both of JFK and of the famous TV series! Sure that the real city is not that! Thanks for sharing your visit to that city.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2006 at 11:53 AM

I was wondering if there would be a JFK mention in here!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2006 at 10:42 PM

that tip had just been on VT Homepage..had to come. gosh I know where I was that day. for a short trip, great infos Bwana..greets W

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2003 at 3:32 AM

Excellent Texas page.. I didn't see a lot of Dallas... so I need to come back for seconds.. ;-)

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Dallas