"Truly a spectacular Memorial" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Rushmore National Memorial by Bwana_Brown
Mount Rushmore National Memorial Travel Guide: 110 reviews and 330 photos
When I first moved out to Saskatchewan, Canada about a year ago, I was looking at a map of western North America one day when I spotted the Mount Rushmore National Memorial - located in South Dakota almost directly south. I made a mental note to be sure to visit this world-famous Memorial at the first excuse to do so. It took the passing of both winter and some work commitments but finally, the long Labour Day weekend near the end of Summer finally presented a chance for my wife and I to take one of our long-distance driving trips!
It was a great decision - the weather was sunny the entire time we were in South Dakota and Mount Rushmore more than met our expectations. This is a great National Memorial - one that Americans should be justifiably proud of. As an added bonus, the rugged and beautiful landscape of Badlands National Park is only a 2-hour drive away. A third great find was the massively huge Crazy Horse Memorial (my Off The Beaten Path tips), dedicated to a famous Sioux Chief and located only a few miles away from Rushmore! Try to take in all three of these attractions if you ever get the chance.
- Pros:An extremely impressive piece of work in a beautiful environment
- Cons:A bit of a trip to get there, but nothing really difficult
- In a nutshell:A fantastic idea, well executed - very enjoyable, especially when the sun is shining!
On the morning of our final day in Hill City, we were up and packed for the 10-hour drive north to Regina, Saskatchewan... more travel advice
The main reason for our trip to South Dakota was to visit Mount Rushmore National Memorial and also have a look at the... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Mount Rushmore National Memorial Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Truly a spectacular Memorial"
- "Faces in the rock"
- "Mount Rushmore National Monument"
- "Unfinished Icon of the Founding Fathers"
- "A League of Their Own"
- "Look up the President's Nostrils"
- "They Paved Paradise & Put up a Parking Lot"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Hotels in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Transportation in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Restaurants in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Shopping in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- 24 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Mount Rushmore National Memorial?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How to contact new member "
- Commented on one of richiecdisc's Mount Rushmore National Memorial travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take a hike and enjoy the trees too"
- updated a Mount Rushmore National Memorial Travel Page "Truly a spectacular Memorial"
- Wrote a Review A nice change for breakfast in Mount Rushmore National Memorial Restaurants
Photos in Mount Rushmore National MemorialSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos