Badlands National Park Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Bwana_Brown Top 5 Page for this destination
Badlands National Park Warnings and Dangers: 9 reviews and 8 photos
Rattlesnake warning sign at Pinnacles Overlook
No longer used to living in a part of the world that has various poisonous creatures lurking about as a regular part of the landscape, this Warning sign at our first Overlook in Badlands NP made us sit up and take notice that we should stick to the wide crushed rock trails throughout the park. Probably not a good idea to wander off into some of the taller grass sections while seeking out that extra-special view! Another thing you should be careful of is getting too close to the wild Bison in the park - they may look docile but they have sharp horns, short tempers and can easily outrun a human if they decide enough is enough.
The Badlands are a wild and rugged looking place and the weather can be too with sudden wind, hail, rain, lightning or tornados occasionally sweeping across the plains. If you are planning to backpack, be prepared for more than just the sunny weather you may have started out in. It goes without saying, that you should also carry sufficient supplies of water in this desert-like region where the temperatures can become very hot and the climbing strenuous.
More Reviews (19)
- See All 'Waves' on the approach to Big Badlands...
- See All Map of the Badlands NP 'North Unit'
- Located in the nearby Black Hills
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Badlands National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Awesome Badlands National Park!"
- "Basaic Badlands National Park Page"
- "On Second Glance: Not So Bad After All"
- "Beautiful Badlands"
- "Not really a honeymoon ;)"
- "Harsh Beauty"
- "The Beautiful Badlands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Badlands National Park
- Hotels in Badlands National Park
- Transportation in Badlands National Park
- Nightlife in Badlands National Park
- Restaurants in Badlands National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Badlands National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hellebæk Hotels
- Maple Grove Hotels
- Zephyrhills Hotels
- Wijk bij Duurstede Hotels
- North Carolina Warnings and Dangers
- Omsk Warnings and Dangers
- Kobe Warnings and Dangers
- Tennessee Warnings and Dangers
- Airport Departure Tax
- Olympic National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Caesarea Warnings and Dangers
- Minneapolis Warnings and Dangers
- Toledo Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Badlands National Park
- 20 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Badlands National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Badlands National Park
- Commented on one of richiecdisc's Badlands National Park travel pages
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: St. Martins, New Brunswick,..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Panorama Point"
- updated a Badlands National Park Travel Page "Awesome Badlands National Park!"
- Wrote a Review 'Waves' on the approach to Big Badlands Overlook in Badlands National Park Things to Do
Photos in Badlands National ParkSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos