"Bustling Manhatten" New York City by Bwana_Brown
New York City Travel Guide: 15,939 reviews and 32,120 photos
I had a quick one-night business trip to Manhatten in late-September, so I thought that it would be a good chance to try out my first digital camera. Unfortunately, I did not get the picture size set right, so all my vertical pictures of the Empire State and the Chrysler buildings are too big for the VT site! Humm, maybe I should read that instruction book after all. Anyway, here are a few of the horizontal shots! Both the meeting site and my hotel were within a half-block of Times Square, so that is where I spent my time! This is a late afternoon shot of some of the activity in that area of the city.
For the last 3-years, the Naked Cowboy has been a fixture in Times Square, rain or shine. I remember seeing him about a year ago, dressed exactly the same way, and this was when the weather was cold! It turns out that a 32-year old Ohio native, Mr. Robert Burck, has always wanted to make the big time - and he has just succeeded! After failed attempts at country and western singing in Nashville followed by street performances in California, he hit it big when he stripped down! Now he is reported to pull in US$700-1000 per day in tips stuffed down his boots (no room in the briefs he says!). While I was there he was being interviewed by a camera crew.
The building that I have my meetings in is located right on Times Square with their offices located 43 stories up. In this shot, I used a 10x zoom to catch these cruise ships at anchor in the Hudson River, with Newark, New Jersey in the background. Next time that I go, I will get the camera setting right and do up some proper shots!
- Pros:No Place Else Like It
- Cons:Hey, It's New York - Get Used to It !
- In a nutshell:One of Life's Experiences
It is always great fun to look down on the world if you ever get the chance! In this case, I had a bird's eye view of... more travel advice
On a clear day, it is hard to beat the view that you will get when you fly near or over Manhatten. The sight of all... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "Oh, how I want to be a part of it!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (154)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
- updated a New York City Travel Page "Bustling Manhatten"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: New Member Map, Travel Pages..."
- Commented on one of starship's New York City travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Chrysler Building"
- Wrote a Review Ants in the Street about Times Square in New York City Things to Do
Photos in New York CitySee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos