"Here One Day - Gone the Next" Top 5 Page for this destination Princeton by Bwana_Brown

Princeton Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 260 photos

Princeton Forrestal Village

Princeton is a very nice community located only a short drive south of Newark. On occasion, I have meetings there but, as usual, they involve a couple of nights and one full day of meetings - so not too much chance to explore the area! The weather was overcast and wet for most of my May/2003 trip but the sun finally broke out around noon on the final day, so I managed to get off a couple of shots. The drive back to Newark in the afternoon was very enjoyable - how nice the fully leafed trees and green grass looked! I would really like to have the opportunity to look around this very lush looking area at my leisure! The meeting area in the "Village" is actually a shopping complex comprised of brick buildings arranged along various treed streets. It is very well done and has quite a few stores located there. The photo was taken from the entrance of the Westin hotel, looking across the Village Square Fountain and down Main Street, with the IZOD store visible in the centre.

I was back in Princeton again in early October, 2003 as part of the team investigating the details of the August 14 power blackout in a large part of northeastern North America. Once again the weather cooperated and I found the whole experience in the Princeton area to be quite enjoyable.

• In a nutshell:Relatively Small and Set in a Rural Atmosphere
  • Last visit to Princeton: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 4, 2003

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2009 at 5:49 AM

Glenn, congratulations on successfully navigating your way around New Jersey! Glad to see you ate well while here. Cheers, Bill

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Nice to see you made it to my old home state, Glenn. Jersey ain't cheap but there are some surprising nice spots. Sounds like you ate well and you got a great shot of Manhattan too! That crab spice is Old Bay Seasoning, btw. I agree, yummy.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2007 at 6:07 AM

A great little page on Princeton. Maybe next time you can have a better look around the city. Hard to believe that the Holiday Inn buffet was better thn the one at the Westin.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2007 at 2:11 PM

well - i do think it is quite a good idea the air traffioc controllers familiarise themselves with new equipment

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2006 at 1:39 PM

Love your Princeton tips. I'm impressed by your travel pages, I'll visit often. BTW, the most comfortable bed I've found thus far was in St. Louis. Happy Trails!

• SmileyLeSa's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2006 at 9:49 AM

Thanks for stopping by my Princeton page. Sunny garden is one of the best Chinese restaurants in the area. A lot has changed in Forrestal Village, most of the shops have shut down now.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2005 at 12:34 PM

I had never the occasion to taste the famous Alaskan Snow Crab. I hope I will do it one day !

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2004 at 5:33 PM

I've eaten at all 3 of your Restaurant tips! Princeton is a great area.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2003 at 10:59 AM

The village square looks like a lovely area! Nice page Glenn!

• jide08's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2003 at 8:30 AM

Funny story. Pricey hotel though.

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Princeton

Have you been to Princeton?

Latest Activity in Princeton