"Heading east this time!" Fergus Falls by Bwana_Brown

Fergus Falls Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 14 photos

My wife and I spent the last five days of October, 2009 on a 4.5-day marathon 4400-km drive through the USA from Regina, Saskatchewan in Canada's prairies to Fredericton, New Brunswick on the Atlantic coast. Two years earlier we had driven west on this same route on almost exactly the same dates. The problem with that time of the year is that there are only about 10-11 hours of daylight for driving and it is not safe to drive in the darkness due to deer and moose wandering across the highways during their mating season just before the onset of winter. On our first day on the road we made it all the way across North Dakota and 80-km into Minnesota before the fading light decreed that we would be spending the night in the small community of Fergus Falls, Minnesota.

• Pros:Easy access from Interstate Highway 94
  • In a nutshell:We did not see much of it - but it seemed like a nice little community
  • Last visit to Fergus Falls: Oct 2009
  • Intro Updated Nov 9, 2009

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2009 at 2:46 PM

seems like you had a nice road trip that weekend :O)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2009 at 9:42 AM

driving 1000 km a day is a problem already with german speed-limits, in USA and CAN it is certainly a lot harder !

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Well deserved nice dinner and wine after such a long driving!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I second Richie :-)) Oh my, driving 1000 km per day is something I did ages ago but couldn't think of doing anymore.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Bringing some Chinese food back to the room with a bottle of wine sounds like the best way to end the day, Glenn.

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Fergus Falls

Have you been to Fergus Falls?