"There is a Time for Walt Disney" Orlando by Bwana_Brown

Orlando Travel Guide: 3,109 reviews and 5,931 photos

My Time Has Passed

Because of its connections to the tourism industry, Orlando is one of the prime spots for business meetings as well - since various organizations can get a 'deal' on their convention rates. As a result, it seems that I end up with a business meeting here every 2-3 years. At least they usually take place in late Fall when the weather is definitely a few notches better than where I hail from! I did not always have a jaded opinion of Orlando - my first trip was in 1972 as a way of treating myself for graduating from university! Later on, my wife and I visited (1976) and, after that, there were the a couple of trips with our children in the 1990's that were fun to observe their thrill at experiencing the whole 'Florida experience'! However, that being said, my real preference is for 'Off the Beaten Path' locations - something that Orlando definitely is not! Photo of the Legoland dragon in the Downtown Disney complex within easy walking distance of our meeting location.

• Pros:Mostly Sunshine
  • Cons:Too Much of a Tourist Mecca for My Taste
  • In a nutshell:Expensive and Busy
  • Last visit to Orlando: Nov 2003
  • Intro Written Nov 15, 2003

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Heading here for business this summer (summer in Orlando, ugh!) I'll have to head elsewhere for my "play" day!

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2005 at 9:34 AM

dude, i stayed at that hotel for a massage convention (my dad's an lmt) and it was nuts. i've never had so many people kissing my ass before! weird.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2005 at 12:57 PM

An excellent page with good tips but not really my cup of tea ! It is nice to know how it is in order to avoid !

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2005 at 1:04 PM

Very detailed and comprehensive page, but not quite what I was expecting! I thought I was going to be seeing some Mickey Mouse's and Donald Duck's ;-)

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2003 at 6:16 PM

Very nice page! Herzog63 get sticker shock alot, he only pays about $1.00 or $2.00 a meal were he goes! Although $41.00+ is a bit much. Great view from the hotel! We love Florida! :o)

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2003 at 5:14 AM

Dang! You went from Fake Cape Buffalo to the real ones!! What a great Timeline!! I'd have to take out a second mortgage to cover those meal prices!! haha

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Orlando

Have you been to Orlando?

Latest Activity in Orlando