"Welcome to Bwana_Brown's HomePage" Bwana_Brown's Profile

July 6, 2011 - My wife and I packed up and left Regina, Saskatchewan for good in late-May as we drove across Canada to return to Fredericton, New Brunswick. Last week we made a trip to Nova Scotia to visit two of our daughters and their families. While returning to NB, we made a detour to Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island and were very lucky to pick a spot exactly where Prince William and his wife Kate dismounted from their Royal Canadian Mounted Police-escorted Landau carriage. We even managed to shake their hands and give them our best wishes.

November 7 - I have completed my page on spectacular "Grand Teton National Park", the third leg of our driving trip that also involved the Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument and Yellowstone NP. It was another great experience of fantastic landscapes combined with amazing weather!

October 10 - My page on "Yellowstone National Park" in Wyoming, USA details the amazing landscape wonders of this unique park, sitting in a huge volcanic caldera that is still boiling away below! Sue and I squeezed quite a bit in during a six and a half day July/August road trip from Regina, Canada.

September 21 - Sue and I spent some time visiting my brother's home - a wonderful little cottage in the wilds of British Columbia, Canada near the Pacific coast. My "Terrace" page describes what a great time we had exploring this part of BC and reconnecting with family again.

August 15 - At the end of July, my wife and I had a very enjoyable tour of "Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument" in southeastern Montana. It is a very well done National Park in a beautiful setting that recounts the details of the battle between General Custer's US 7th Cavalry and the American Indian tribes in this part of the USA.

June 6 - It was time for another exploratory trip onto the little-travelled back roads near Regina, Saskatchewan, so away I went. As always, it was interesting and the weather was not bad either. I say my trip to 'Assiniboia' was well worth the effort!

May 17, 2010 - We successfully completed our dash west to Regina from Fredericton, NB (on Canada's Atlantic coast) without any problems. This time we took a detour from our usual route through the USA and I've posted a small page on something I wanted to see in 'Mackinaw City', Michigan.

December 17 - I have finally completed an 'Andalucia' page, one that recaps the many wonderful places and things my wife and I enjoyed while touring there almost exactly one year ago!

August 30 - Re our winter 2008/09 trip to Spain, our short time on the wild Atlantic coastline instead of the Mediterranean was one of the most enjoyable parts of our entire 3-weeks! We started out in 'Tarifa' at the Strait of Gibraltar and it only got better from there!

August 8 - I took a week off in mid-July to drive from Atlantic Canada to the Prairie provinces via the 'Province of Ontario'. Just getting across Ontario alone took us 5 days, but we really enjoyed experiencing its rugged beauty - from Algonquin Park, the cliffs of the Bruce Peninsula, waterfalls on the remote northern shores of Lake Superior and finally amazing Ouimet Canyon.

June 13 - My 'Ronda' page describes a fantastic day-trip we made from Estepona. It was Christmas Day and the weather was almost perfect, making our visit to this little city perched on both sides of a 300+ foot gorge the most spectacular of our entire 3-week trip to Spain!

April 5 - 'Sevilla' is another amazingly historic Spanish city that blessed us with beautiful winter weather and a host of must-see attractions.

January 11, 2009 - My wife and I had a 3-week driving trip in southern Spain, clocking 3500-km on our rental car exploring the coastlines and mountains of Andalucia (and Alicante). My 'El Cabo de Gata' page describes one of the last things we did on this trip - an amazing coast with a unique climate.

How it all started

During my childhood days in New Brunswick, Canada, my parents never strayed too far from their home province, except for a trip to Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia as well as visits to relatives in Montreal, Quebec and also Connecticut, USA. I always had a love for geography and did a lot of reading about the world, giving me a desire to see it for myself at the first possible chance! My opportunity finally came in 1972, when I went to Zambia to work for 3 years immediately after obtaining my university degree in Electrical Engineering (Zambia was GREAT !!). While there, I met my British wife, Susan, who had spent 20 years being raised in Zambia (by the way, all the good things that people say about Victoria Falls are true - it is fantastic!). We returned to my Canadian homeland for a few years before we set off again for another 3 years overseas - this time I was working in the South Pacific Ocean, in Papua New Guinea. This sojurn offered us the chance to take a round-the-world trip in 1981 as well as a few other shorter jaunts. We again returned to Canada and since then we have slipped in the odd trip wherever we can. We have three girls (2 born in Zambia and 1 in PNG) and are proud grand-parents (now 6 times as of December 10, 2009)! I have included our variety of travel experiences over the years so you, hopefully, can reach some understanding of the places that we have been at that particular moment in our lives! By the way, if you get the chance, please also come to Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada - it is a beautiful place to visit and live, which is why I kept coming back from all these trips!

• Intro Updated Jul 7, 2011

• Updated Comment
    richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2012 at 3:54 AM

Birthday greetings from Munich, Glenn. Hope you have a great day planned and a nice beer is part of it. Enjoy.

Other comments
  • Apr 1, 2014 at 2:53 AM

Sorry my e-mail is shaun@khubenker.co.za

• Apr 1, 2014 at 2:50 AM

Hi Glenn, Was just reading about Your visit to Luanshya Zambia.. Looks like it is the same as when I left in 1969. Was born there and went to the Convent, until my folks moved to South Africa. I stayed at 9 J Ave.. Have you got any more photos of Luanshya. OH my name is Shaun Allen Welch. Hope to hear from you soon. Kind Regards

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:11 AM

Hello Shaun! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the photos I took of Luanshya during my 3-years of living and working there from 1973-75. I still have the old non-digital photos from that era in my photo albums and will have a look to see if anything else might be of interest to you. Regards, Glenn

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Long time no see Glenn! Thanks for touring New Orleans with me! I'd be glad to show you aroud in Dushanbe, but it's not exactly the same atmosphere, here..:-)

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Well, you did a great job showing us the many interesting things you participated in while you were in New Orleans! It was a great page and, I must say that I too enjoyed my few days there while on a business trip. Best regards, Glenn

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Good to see you back online, Glenn :-)) And belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014 to you and Sue :-)))

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Merry Christmas Glenn! Wishing you and yours a New Year filled with health, happiness & many travels! :-)

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Thank you Simone for the Christmas wishes you have sent me and I would like to wish the same to you and for a Happy New Year as well !!

• Sep 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Belated birthday greets - seeing you have a holiday, you must be having one looooonnng party ;-)

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Thank you for sending me a birthday greeting - it was a fun time!

• OLANGANA's Profile Photo
      Oct 1, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Je suis aussi tres ravis de vous entendre à VT et de m'avoir remercier vivement.

Merci de vous entendre de plus sur VT.

• Sep 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Wow, Can't berieve you shook hands with the royal couple! Excellent spot you had ;-)

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I could not believe it either. We just happened to be standing at the exact spot where the Royal carriage stopped and its occupants began their walk right in front of us!

• Parisforless's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Happy birthday my friend! Wish you good health and many great journeys.
    Svetlana

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Thank you for the birthday wishes Svetlana! I wish you many happy travels in the coming months!!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Happy birthday Glenn !

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Thank you very much for the birthday wish! I hope that all is well with you and that you are still enjoying the life of travelling. Cheers, Glenn

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Real Name