"Welcome to Bwana_Brown's HomePage" Bwana_Brown's Profile

July 6, 2011 - My wife and I packed up and left Regina, Saskatchewan for good in late-May as we drove across Canada to return to Fredericton, New Brunswick. Last week we made a trip to Nova Scotia to visit two of our daughters and their families. While returning to NB, we made a detour to Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island and were very lucky to pick a spot exactly where Prince William and his wife Kate dismounted from their Royal Canadian Mounted Police-escorted Landau carriage. We even managed to shake their hands and give them our best wishes.

November 7 - I have completed my page on spectacular "Grand Teton National Park", the third leg of our driving trip that also involved the Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument and Yellowstone NP. It was another great experience of fantastic landscapes combined with amazing weather!

October 10 - My page on "Yellowstone National Park" in Wyoming, USA details the amazing landscape wonders of this unique park, sitting in a huge volcanic caldera that is still boiling away below! Sue and I squeezed quite a bit in during a six and a half day July/August road trip from Regina, Canada.

September 21 - Sue and I spent some time visiting my brother's home - a wonderful little cottage in the wilds of British Columbia, Canada near the Pacific coast. My "Terrace" page describes what a great time we had exploring this part of BC and reconnecting with family again.

August 15 - At the end of July, my wife and I had a very enjoyable tour of "Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument" in southeastern Montana. It is a very well done National Park in a beautiful setting that recounts the details of the battle between General Custer's US 7th Cavalry and the American Indian tribes in this part of the USA.

June 6 - It was time for another exploratory trip onto the little-travelled back roads near Regina, Saskatchewan, so away I went. As always, it was interesting and the weather was not bad either. I say my trip to 'Assiniboia' was well worth the effort!

May 17, 2010 - We successfully completed our dash west to Regina from Fredericton, NB (on Canada's Atlantic coast) without any problems. This time we took a detour from our usual route through the USA and I've posted a small page on something I wanted to see in 'Mackinaw City', Michigan.

December 17 - I have finally completed an 'Andalucia' page, one that recaps the many wonderful places and things my wife and I enjoyed while touring there almost exactly one year ago!

August 30 - Re our winter 2008/09 trip to Spain, our short time on the wild Atlantic coastline instead of the Mediterranean was one of the most enjoyable parts of our entire 3-weeks! We started out in 'Tarifa' at the Strait of Gibraltar and it only got better from there!

August 8 - I took a week off in mid-July to drive from Atlantic Canada to the Prairie provinces via the 'Province of Ontario'. Just getting across Ontario alone took us 5 days, but we really enjoyed experiencing its rugged beauty - from Algonquin Park, the cliffs of the Bruce Peninsula, waterfalls on the remote northern shores of Lake Superior and finally amazing Ouimet Canyon.

June 13 - My 'Ronda' page describes a fantastic day-trip we made from Estepona. It was Christmas Day and the weather was almost perfect, making our visit to this little city perched on both sides of a 300+ foot gorge the most spectacular of our entire 3-week trip to Spain!

April 5 - 'Sevilla' is another amazingly historic Spanish city that blessed us with beautiful winter weather and a host of must-see attractions.

January 11, 2009 - My wife and I had a 3-week driving trip in southern Spain, clocking 3500-km on our rental car exploring the coastlines and mountains of Andalucia (and Alicante). My 'El Cabo de Gata' page describes one of the last things we did on this trip - an amazing coast with a unique climate.

How it all started

During my childhood days in New Brunswick, Canada, my parents never strayed too far from their home province, except for a trip to Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia as well as visits to relatives in Montreal, Quebec and also Connecticut, USA. I always had a love for geography and did a lot of reading about the world, giving me a desire to see it for myself at the first possible chance! My opportunity finally came in 1972, when I went to Zambia to work for 3 years immediately after obtaining my university degree in Electrical Engineering (Zambia was GREAT !!). While there, I met my British wife, Susan, who had spent 20 years being raised in Zambia (by the way, all the good things that people say about Victoria Falls are true - it is fantastic!). We returned to my Canadian homeland for a few years before we set off again for another 3 years overseas - this time I was working in the South Pacific Ocean, in Papua New Guinea. This sojurn offered us the chance to take a round-the-world trip in 1981 as well as a few other shorter jaunts. We again returned to Canada and since then we have slipped in the odd trip wherever we can. We have three girls (2 born in Zambia and 1 in PNG) and are proud grand-parents (now 6 times as of December 10, 2009)! I have included our variety of travel experiences over the years so you, hopefully, can reach some understanding of the places that we have been at that particular moment in our lives! By the way, if you get the chance, please also come to Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada - it is a beautiful place to visit and live, which is why I kept coming back from all these trips!

• Intro Updated Jul 7, 2011

• Updated Comment
    richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2012 at 3:54 AM

Birthday greetings from Munich, Glenn. Hope you have a great day planned and a nice beer is part of it. Enjoy.

Other comments
  • jorgejuansanchez's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2015 at 1:59 PM

Hola Bwana Brown. I have just spent 3 weeks in Papua New Guinea and wrote many pages (Manus, Lorengau, Vanimo, Medang, Rabaul, and a long etc.) and tips about that fantastic countries. Just inform you in case you have time to have a look.

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:43 PM

lucky you George..a country Id love to go...the international conference i went to in Chile in 2012 was well represented by a team of ladies from PNG and was invited to visit them but both times Ive been.back that way its been more a priority to spend time catching up in NZ...great to know youve been busy on making pages for us to see!

• jorgejuansanchez's Profile Photo
      Feb 17, 2015 at 9:44 PM

PNG is an extraordinary country. It is not far from your place, you should take an opportunity to explore it!

• arturowan's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Best wishes for 2015

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Hey Glenn :-) I wish you and Sue and the whole family a wonderful marvellous Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2015!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
      Dec 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Thank you for your wishes! My wife and I have spent the last few days in Nova Scotia as we stopped over at the homes of two of our daughters, but Santa did not bring down anything through the chimney last night!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Dec 26, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Oops... did he lost his compass? I hope all is well with you all!!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Hi Glenn, Thanks for visiting & rating my Zermatt page, a wonderful 2 nights and also my wife's birthday. A "must return" destination as there is much more to see and do.

• Parisforless's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Happy birthday, have a great time! Sorry i'm VERY late.

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Hi Glen been a long time since we last had any VT contact! and very sorry belated birthday wishes sent so late today but hope you are well and all the best for your journeys over the next year ahead!

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:08 PM

yes lucky you 2! thats here on your home page...its why i made the comment! they recently visited Australia and NZ and made a lot of my fellow countrymen very happy - a Finnish girl i worked with in London for a long time who moved to NZ a few years ago with her kiwi husband got to talk and shake hands with Will too and was very excited about that!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
      Sep 12, 2014 at 10:55 PM

That's great - not often that someone gets to touch hands with Royalty!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Real Name