"Two Vacations in One!" Provincia de Puntarenas by Bwana_Brown
Provincia de Puntarenas Travel Guide: 734 reviews and 1,437 photos
My wife and I travelled to Costa Rica for a week of vacation, in early February, 2001, in order to ease the painful passing of another Canadian winter. As a result of an ice-storm delayed departure, it was close to midnight when we landed in the capital city of San Jose and were picked up by a mini-van for transportation to the Pacific coast side of the country. There were only 6 passengers, plus the driver and his buddy for the nightime drive. I found it to be a very interesting trip down the twisting mountain roads as we wound down to near sea-level, even though all we could see were some magnificent displays of town and village lights spread out below. It was past 3 AM when we arrived at our first destination, a planned 3-day stop in the rain forest at an eco-lodge call Villa Lapas. As it turned out, we had a very pleasant stay there and found the staff to be extremely friendly! Villa Lapa was relaxing because it has only a limited number of rooms and it is located in the rain forest, away from other resorts. The site has a nice brook running through the property as well as its own sky-walk trail with suspension bridges within walking distance of the accommodations area. A Costa Rican-trained zoologist leads the tours and he did a fantastic job pointing out all the hidden delights of the forest canopy! From there, we travelled onward to the Pacific coast where we stayed in a traditional holiday resort just outside the town of Puntarenas for the final 4 days of our trip. Once again, the accommodations at the Fiesta Resort were first-rate. While there, we also took a one-day bus excursion to the Arenal volcano, with the drive through the Costa Rican countryside being worth the cost of the trip in itself! Altogether, we had an extremely enjoyable visit to Costa Rica!
- Pros:Rain Forests, Volcanoes & Beaches
- In a nutshell:A friendly and interesting place to visit!
Despite its rather deceiving name, the Fiesta Caribbean Resort is actually located on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica,... more travel advice
One afternoon, the four of us ordered a taxi and took the short drive from the resort into Puntarenas. We left just... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Provincia de Puntarenas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two Vacations in One!"
- "Manuel Antonio"
- "Punta Banco....and Beyond....."
- "Sitio Oficial Comercial de Puntarenas"
- "Costa Rica:Provincia de Puntarenas"
- "The Peaceful Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincia de Puntarenas
- Hotels in Provincia de Puntarenas
- Transportation in Provincia de Puntarenas
- Nightlife in Provincia de Puntarenas
- Restaurants in Provincia de Puntarenas
- Shopping in Provincia de Puntarenas
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincia de Puntarenas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincia de Puntarenas
- 24 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Provincia de Puntarenas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincia de Puntarenas
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How to contact new member "
- Commented on one of Foundryman1's Provincia de Puntarenas travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nice Place for a Cool Dip"
- updated a Provincia de Puntarenas Travel Page "Two Vacations in One!"
- Wrote a Review Relaxing in the Pacific Sunshine in Provincia de Puntarenas Things to Do
Photos in Provincia de PuntarenasSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos