"Cruising Oklahoma" Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma by Bwana_Brown

Oklahoma Travel Guide: 1,491 reviews and 3,069 photos

In mid-November, 2002 I had a week-long business trip to Dallas, Texas so I was able to take advantage of my early arrival on Saturday to spend the weekend in southeastern Oklahoma. My thanks go out to fellow-VT member "WFTR" (Bill) whose outstanding descriptions of the various parts of Oklahoma were of great help in planning this part of the trip. My wife and I picked up our rental car at Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport at noon on Saturday for the 550-mile loop up into Oklahoma and then back down its eastern side into Texas enabling us to be back in Dallas on Monday morning. It was a short trip but it was fun! Photo of the late fall foliage of rusty Oak leaves and Pine trees at the State Park east of McAlester.

• Last visit to Oklahoma: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Apr 16, 2004

• Nov 19, 2008 at 7:48 PM

3.2 beer was the strongest beverage available in the 50s but that has changed. An alliance between the bootleggers and the Womens Christian Temporance Union failed to keep it that way. Not sure about local option in Ok but it sure is in Texas.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2006 at 10:16 PM

Interesting page but what are submarine sandwiches? I imagine you, sat at the bottom of the sea, eating you sandwich!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2005 at 6:34 AM

An interesting look at one of the prettier corners of Oklahoma. I love the fall colors in the Quachita Mountains.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2005 at 5:09 AM

Thanks for the pretty visit to Oklahoma. I remember driving cross country when we transferred east from SanDiego. I LOVED seeing those big trees again when we hit Oklahoma!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2004 at 5:16 PM

Glenn, Happy Birthday & thanks for appreciating my home state. Okla now sells liquor but has some twists (you can't buy ice in a liquor store), but Texas has local option and a lot of dry counties. I spent a week at Robber's Cave in my youth. Great page!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2004 at 4:01 AM

Robbers Cave.....Sounds so cool to here the James and Youngers hung out there!! You could've saved $88 and used my Oklahoma Accomodation!! ahhaha

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2004 at 6:17 PM

Quite nice, Glenn, prettier than I expected... I'll be out this way in a couple weeks, maybe I'll try to get a day or two free to drive about..... Cheers....

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2003 at 8:17 AM

You're right. I it reminiscent of W. North Carolina. I'd love to see Robber's Cave State Park. Great picture of the Red River!

• yumiyun's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2002 at 3:21 AM

Who says there is nothing to see in Oklahoma? So beautiful!

• WFTR's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2002 at 8:23 PM

These are great pages. You have brought back many wonderful memories for me.

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Oklahoma

Have you been to Oklahoma?

Latest Activity in Oklahoma