"Missouri & Kansas City" Top 5 Page for this destination Missouri by Bwana_Brown

Missouri Travel Guide: 3,420 reviews and 6,802 photos

I travelled to Kansas City, Missouri in mid-November for a 2-day meeting, enabling me to spend the better part of three days touring the downtown core of the city. When the meeting wrapped up on a Thursday night, I spent the weekend in this area of the USA, touring 'Kansas' and the southwestern part of Missouri in a rental car. I did this because I had a second meeting scheduled for the following Tuesday in upstate New York. It just did not make any sense to fly all the way back to the Atlantic coast of Canada on Friday and then fly west again on Monday!

I really enjoyed my six days in the mid-west, and this page describes my experiences during the 'Missouri' part of the trip.

Union Station

Originally built in 1914 as one of the main railroad links to western USA, Union Station was recently refurbished at a cost of $253 million to make it one of the premier attractions in Kansas City. One evening, I strolled down to admire its beauty and also enjoyed a great meal in one of its many new restaurants. This is the building that most impressed me in the city - more in 'Must See'!

• Pros:Many Things to See & Do
  • In a nutshell:I enjoyed my short time in Missouri
  • Last visit to Missouri: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 27, 2004

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Glenn, another oustanding page of yours. I like your tip about the Union Station. It sounds quite impressive to read that it used to have a waiting room for 10.000 people. Oh and I could do with a local draft Boulevard pale beer right now. - Happy new year 2012.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2009 at 2:45 PM

You ought to come back to KC now-the P&L area is a mecca for bars and eats. You may like to see my last trip to Utah and Arizona parks to hike. It was an adventure and some times scary and remote. I loved the Grand Staircase most and Page/Kanab areas.

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2008 at 7:52 AM

Well Bwanabrown, here you are with new tips. After OldWomans hip surgery, our RTW was delayed until this coming April. been prowling the states on our route east. before heading for SA. thanks

• May 5, 2006 at 7:40 PM

I beg to differ on your comment about no animals eat the "Osage Orange". I have seen squirrels consuming them on many occasions. They're actually going for the seeds, as apparently they find them quite nutritious.

• Nov 22, 2005 at 8:52 PM

glenn, this page is beautiful! you have great info and the photos are very nice. i will be visiting KC around may 2006. i have a friend here. cannot wait to explore! cheers.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2005 at 10:11 PM

Missouri was not among the destinations I would have put on my wish list but once I have seen your excellent page, I wonder if I should not reconsider !

• asturnut's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2005 at 10:07 PM

Nice page! BTW- the traffic in KC is HORRIFIC most of the time. Not like NYC or LA, but horrific none the less!

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2004 at 11:11 AM

I wish Lisbon had such light traffic as you show on your photo! Another nice page Glenn.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2004 at 8:07 AM

You did it again Glenn! Great page! Union Station looks great! But please remember me next time NOT to read your pages BEFORE dinner time..... you are making me sooo hungry! :-)))

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2004 at 10:15 AM

Very nicely done! I enjoyed your comments, all of which were obviously well researched. Not many people know about Osage Oranges - also known in some areas as hedge apples.

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Missouri

Have you been to Missouri?

Latest Activity in Missouri