"Bwana_Brown's Arizona Page" Arizona by Bwana_Brown

Arizona Travel Guide: 10,593 reviews and 28,872 photos

I had a business trip to Scottsdale, just outside Phoenix, so my wife decided to accompany me for the short 5-day excursion. We arrived at about noon on Saturday so quickly headed north to the Grand Canyon in our rented car - it is only about a 4 hour drive. Our timing was good, arriving at the spectacular sight just before sunset. After an evening there we wound our way back toward Phoenix by way of Sedona, a most enjoyable trip if you get the chance. It was then down to business for the next few days with a final tour of the countryside northeast of Phoenix during the afternoon of our final day. We were very impressed with the weather and the scenery in Arizona - give it a try! An evening photo of the Grand Canyon from the South Rim - looking east from Yavapai Point.

• Pros:Site of the Grand Canyon!
  • Cons:Can be very hot in places!
  • In a nutshell:We really enjoyed our Springtime visit!
  • Last visit to Arizona: Apr 2002
  • Intro Updated Mar 27, 2003

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Beautiful evening photo of Grand Canyon! That is a place I hope to visit one day!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2007 at 2:14 AM

An enjoyable trip around this corner of Arizona, Glenn. Perhaps my favourite state in al the US, though it's a few years now since I was last there. leyle

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2007 at 8:25 AM

The scenery seems not to have changed much, I remember it similar from 1989. Nice page here, but what is a "dude ranch"?

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 2:26 AM

Ah, you have so much more to explore in Arizona :-)) I think, desert blooming time is the best, less crowded and beautiful scenery ! And hihi - yes, fully agree with your view on Sedona as tourist trap :-)

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2005 at 7:20 AM

This is how I remember the Arid Zone too! Very hot but a wonderful desert feeling to it all.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2005 at 1:17 PM

Your trip to the dude ranch sounds like a good time! The Grand Canyon is great - one of my favorite hikes of all time was there.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2004 at 9:13 AM

Very interesting pages. We leave in two days for a week in Arizona over the Christmas holidays. Karen's mother lives in Tucson. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Your chances of a white Christmas seem better than ours.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2004 at 9:16 PM

Your excellent page on Arizona reminds me of a 3 weeks round trip I did a few years ago in the West. Arizona is still a great souvenir.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2002 at 8:19 AM

great page and wonderful pics!!

• Burtty's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2002 at 9:45 AM

what a nice trip!

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Arizona

Have you been to Arizona?

Latest Activity in Arizona