"Home of 'Sir' Geoff Wright" Top 5 Page for this destination Altarnun by Bwana_Brown

Altarnun Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 111 photos

When I first joined VT and checked up on what it had to say about my home town of Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada - the world's #1 expert was 'Sir' Geoff Wright! Subsequent to that, I had posed a question on VT regarding some strange shrubbery that I had seen in Cornwall during my June, 2000 visit. It was Geoff to the rescue, providing me with the correct name of the amazing plant that I had seen! As this was my first trip back to England since that visit, I decided that it was high time that I met Geoff - it would also the first time that I had met another of this strange breed of VT members. By telephone between Truro and Altarnun, we finalized the details of my impending fleeting visit. As soon as I pulled into Altarnun, I was struck by its beauty - so much so that I pulled my rental over and walked back to take this photo of the Church of St. Nonna. While I was walking back to my car (in the photo), Geoff drove past in his distinctive Range Rover. I knew then that I had him in my sights!

• In a nutshell:An Amazingly Picturesque Village!
  • Last visit to Altarnun: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 25, 2004

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Nice write up of your first VT meet, Glenn and you found a quaint little village in the process too.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2008 at 10:40 PM

What a lovely little village and nice place for your first VT-meeting!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2007 at 5:27 AM

Lovely little English place for a VT meeting. The snowy bridge looks fabulous. Well done.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2007 at 6:07 AM

Nice that you got to meet your VT friend. It appears to be a lovely little town where they live. Glad you didn't get stuck in the snow.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2006 at 1:29 PM

Very VT-friendly (thanks to Geoff) and very picturesque village, I see. I hope to get lost there someday :-)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2006 at 9:01 PM

Nice place. The first person you get in touch at VT remains always "special" !

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2004 at 11:19 AM

Nice shots, I've pencilled them in on my itinerary!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2004 at 3:08 AM

I knew an Alturnun page could only mean one thing. A VT meet!

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2004 at 3:46 AM

Hiya Glenn. Altarnun is well and truly on the VT map now, haha. Hope you are well and happy. My uncle and aunt are over from New Jersey right now, enjoying the sunshine. Regards.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2004 at 1:24 PM

Altarnun looks lovely. And great that you visited Geoff and Mary!

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Altarnun

Have you been to Altarnun?