"Quaint Bradford-on-Avon" Bradford on Avon by Bwana_Brown
Bradford on Avon Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 70 photos
The end of our first day on the road from the London area toward Cornwall found us rolling into the town of Bradford-on-Avon, a few miles southeast of Bath, just as late afternoon winter darkness was starting to fall. As soon as we reached the outskirts of town, we began to look for a B&B for the night but had real difficulty in finding one in the darkness and so close (Dec. 18) to Christmas. However, in the end, we did manage to find a place to lay our heads down.
From the little bit of driving we did before it became completely dark, and with a short morning walk thrown in, we found Bradford-on-Avon to be a very beautiful and quaint old English town, nestled in a steep valley with the River Avon flowing through. This is a pretty area of the country with a lot of interesting attractions nearby, definitely worth futher exploration in our view. However, on this trip, our time was limited. So, after our morning walk, we were off again - into 'Somerset' and onward to the Cheddar gorge and Exmoor National Park as we took our north coast drive to Cornwall. By the way, one thing I learned from our February, 2004 trip to this part of England is that there are three River Avons in the country. This one is not the Avon of Shakespeare fame, flowing through Stratford-upon-Avon!
- In a nutshell:Amazing old architecture and narrow steets nestled in a steep valley
After going in circles to find a place to spend the night, once we had settled in at the Swan Hotel, we decided at about... more travel advice
After our short tour of Bradford-on-Avon, it was time to continue our journey toward Cornwall on this perfect sunny day... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Bradford on Avon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quaint Bradford-on-Avon"
- "BRADFORD ON AVON"
- "A beautiful Saxon Town"
- "Bradford on Avon Wiltshire"
- "Bradford on Avon"
- "Nice Place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bradford on Avon
- Hotels in Bradford on Avon
- Transportation in Bradford on Avon
- Restaurants in Bradford on Avon
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bradford on Avon
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Bradford on Avon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bradford on Avon
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: St. Martins, New Brunswick,..."
- updated a Bradford on Avon Travel Page "Quaint Bradford-on-Avon"
- Uploaded a Photo to "From Chapel to Lock-up"
- Commented on one of Tina-Perth's Bradford on Avon travel pages
- Wrote a Review The Best Indian Take-Away Ever! in Bradford on Avon Restaurants
Photos in Bradford on AvonSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos