"Evora - A UNESCO World Heritage Site" Top 5 Page for this destination Évora by Bwana_Brown
Évora Travel Guide: 394 reviews and 1,380 photos
We arrived in Evora on a hot mid-afternoon after a long drive from the southern Algarve area. It really was our first experience in dealing with city traffic since we had picked up our rental car in Lisbon 3-days earlier. Despite lacking a city map and some fairly busy traffic, we finally managed to locate our pre-booked accommodations. The Pensao Graca had a great tourist map of the city, so we were all set after that!
It did not take long to drive back into the main part of the city, where we found a free car-park just outside the walls of this ancient city, and not far from its University. We then struck off on foot to explore the delights of Evora. We immediately came upon the 1900-year old Roman ruins that you see here, located in the centre of the city. Surrounding this area we found many interesting sights, including the Cathedral and the old Roman walls that also date from 100-200 AD.
In the midst of all this, we also found a lovely cool and relaxing restaurant with outdoor seating under the shade of its huge trees!
It is not difficult to understand why this city is a UNESCO World Heritage site!
- Pros:An Abundance of Ancient Attractions
- Cons:A Popular and Busy Spot
- In a nutshell:Definitely Give it a Try!
I would have to say that the rolling hills of the Alentejo, dotted with cork oak, orange and olive trees amongst wheat... more travel advice
After finishing our very enjoyable excursion in the southwest corner of Portugal in the Algarve, we headed north for... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Évora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Liberalitas Julia vs Yeborah"
- "a great excursion from Lisbon"
- "Evora - A UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- "A MUST see if you are in Portugal!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Évora
- Hotels in Évora
- Transportation in Évora
- Nightlife in Évora
- Restaurants in Évora
- Shopping in Évora
- Warnings and Dangers in Évora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Évora
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Évora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Évora
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How to contact new member "
- Commented on one of globetrott's Évora travel pages
- updated a Évora Travel Page "Evora - A UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Evora - A UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- Wrote a Review Alentejo Countryside about Outside Evora in Évora Things to Do
Photos in ÉvoraSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos