"Antequera and beautiful Torcal Nature park" Top 5 Page for this destination Antequera by Bwana_Brown

Antequera Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 438 photos

We had beautiful weather during the first two weeks of our December visit to Spain and just happened to be near the pretty little city of Antequera during that time. In actual fact, we were inland from the coast, travelling from Granada to our next accommodations stop in Sevilla when we decided to make a small detour to see the famous rugged limestone landscape of El Torcal Nature Park - located just a short distance south of Antequera.

It turned out to be a 'flying visit' but a most enjoyable one. The city itself is quite scenic and, with the weather we had, El Torcal was right out of this world! Just wish we had been able to stop longer to take a proper look at both places. My 'General' tip has a topographical map of the landscape in this part of Spain and also shows our driving route, as well as where Antequera is located.

• Pros:A small but very historic city with outstanding nearby natural attractions
  • Cons:Not many that I could see from our short visit
  • In a nutshell:Make some time to sample this little piece of Spain
  • Last visit to Antequera: Dec 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 28, 2009

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Good to see that you got to Antequera and El Torcal. Amazing areas to visit for sure.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2009 at 8:18 PM

What a great detour this was on your way to Seville. These are often interesting surprises. The picnic looks like fun. I LOVE Moorish architecture- the fortress is magnificent. Lovely photos, Glenn.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Looks like you & Sue had a wonderful road trip of your own, Glenn. El Torcal Nature Park looks a bit like Chiricahua in AZ. Way to use Sunday morning to your advantage. What's a road trip without eating in the car?

• pikuu's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Hi Glen, Antequera&Torcal are my favorite destinations in Andalusia. It's really great to read that you have similar opinion. I didn't know the real name of "Lover's leap" I called it "Sleeping Indian Chief Head:) Feel free to check it on my Andalusia pag

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2009 at 10:02 AM

A very interesting page from your short visit, superb photos & text. Some of our best travels were travelling the length & breadth of Spain - (& France) by car. If only I had then been a VT member - better pics. and clearer memories would have resulted.

• Mar 31, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Such wonderful scenery & landscapes. Definititely my kind of surroundings.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Loved "The Lovers' Leap" mountain and legend. Incredibly wonderful rock formations! Thanks Glenn for sharing!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Outstanding landscapes in Antequera! This is a place that I have to add to my wish list!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2009 at 8:51 AM

I love the photos of the El Torcal scenery, and as with your other pages, you've shown us a different side to Spain than the one I'm more used to

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Hi Glenn :) What an interesting region to explore! Hiking in El Torcal Nature Park must be amazing. I loved the unique shapes of the rock formations!

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Antequera

Have you been to Antequera?