"Estepona, a great little base for explorations!" Top 5 Page for this destination Estepona by Bwana_Brown
Estepona Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 261 photos
Estepona is quite a nice little fishing community of approximately 46,000 people, located strategically for tourists about half-way between the much larger and busy city of Malaga to the east and attractions located further west along the Mediterranean coast near Gibraltar. In planning our trip to Spain, that variety of choices was one of the main reasons we chose to stay in Estepona for what turned out to be three nights.
By this stage of our three-week trip to Spain, Sue and I were about half-way through and Sue's sister would fly back to England at the end of our stay in Estepona. It was she who had found our accommodations there via the internet during the earlier planning stages and it was our favourite stop-over place of the entire trip. In fact, this was our final pre-arranged accommodation during our Andalusian adventure, with Sue and I just winging it on our own for the remaining eight nights we spent driving around southwestern Spain. My first 'General' tip includes a topographical map of Estepona's location between the mountains and the sea as well as the driving routes we took while in the area.
- Pros:Great location and not as busy as some of the larger centres
- Cons:Nothing major during the not-so-busy Christmas period
- In a nutshell:We enjoyed both Estepona and nearby day-trips
In our short time actually exploring Estepona itself, we only made a couple of forays into the downtown area of the... more travel advice
During our morning walk along the Mediterranean shoreline of eastern Estepona on our second full day there, we came upon... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Estepona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Estepona, a charming town"
- "Estepona, a great little base for explorations!"
- "Estepona, Costa del Sol"
- "Estepona - Costa del Sol"
- "Estepona - unspoilt by the British Costa Invasion"
- "An idyllic spot"
- "Amapola's Estepona Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estepona
- Hotels in Estepona
- Transportation in Estepona
- Nightlife in Estepona
- Restaurants in Estepona
- Shopping in Estepona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estepona
- 14 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Estepona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estepona
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How to contact new member "
- updated a Estepona Travel Page "Estepona, a great little base for explorations!"
- Commented on one of spanishguy's Estepona travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Relax poolside in the sunshine"
- Wrote a Review Laguna Village - upscale shopping Resort in Estepona Favorites
Photos in EsteponaSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos