"Ronda - Spain's amazing gem!" Top 5 Page for this destination Ronda by Bwana_Brown

Ronda Travel Guide: 511 reviews and 1,389 photos

Ronda was the one place in Spain that I had my sights set on when we took off on our 3-week Christmas vacation. After absorbing the stupendous views on the pages of other VT members, I knew that this one just could not be missed! As the timing of our trip turned out, we would be staying in the nearby Mediterranean coastal city of Estepona for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so that provided our chance to work in a day-trip to Ronda.

We were thankful the weather was so cooperative because it helped Ronda to deliver an amazing show for us - it was all I had hoped it would be. A fantastic setting, awesome ancient architecture and friendly people were more than we could have asked for. The only regret is that we did not make plans to spend a night there - but who knew what the mountain weather would be like in late-December?

• Pros:Its cliff-side setting, Puente Nuevo and friendly people
  • Cons:We could not find any
  • In a nutshell:A day-trip is not long enough, plan for a night or two!
  • Last visit to Ronda: Dec 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 13, 2009

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

glenn - great page. i wish i had material like this before our visit some years ago, would have gotten so much more. and i love your pictures. thanks for visiting my minimal effort. and - happy new year, hopefully good health with it. n.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2010 at 5:54 AM

Great tips and photos about your visit to Ronda. Your B&B looks like a great find. Also, the scenery looks spectacular.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Great page about this outstanding place! It would have been a special experience to spend a night in the Parador. The El Tajo gorge is impressive! On Xmas day, no wonder that you had almost the town for yourself!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Wow, what a stunning place in which to spend Christmas Day :-) I love the architecture, but it's the setting that makes it stand out, and your photos of the gorge and other views really emphasise this :-)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Glenn, excellent page about Ronda. I once visited this Andalusian gem in a daytrip and I took many similar photos like you. :-)

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I absolutely agree on the bullfighting issue, I'm always rooting for the bulls! Glad you enjoyed your visit here, it was my favorite city in that part of Spain :-)

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2009 at 12:52 PM

It must be great to spend Christmas day in the town with such beautiful location. The gorge looks fascinating. I liked 'a mountain drive to Ronda' picture and the view of Old Ronda, and love azulejos!! You are so right about the bullfighting!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Oh, how we loved Ronda. Our hotel overlooked El Tajo Gorge. We ate a special dessert twice at the Parador Hotel; loved the Puente Nuevo and the streets of the city. My sister's name is spelled Ronda...great page, Glenn.

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I'm humming an old Beach Boys tune while enjoying your new Spanish sojourns :)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I never knew there was a 100 km layer of peridotite under the world's oceans -- though I did take one semester of geology in college. Very interesting tips on that and on the building of the New Bridge, for example.

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Ronda