"Torremolinos - it was a two-time haven for us!" Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos by Bwana_Brown
Torremolinos Travel Guide: 437 reviews and 1,584 photos
Torremolinos was where Sue and I spent our first real vacation night in Spain, after spending a combined three nights 'going through the motions' in Madrid and Alicante. This was the launch pad for our real explorations in Andalusia - and what a great trip it turned out to be!
Strangely enough, our first night in Torremolinos was due to the need to meet and pick up Sue's sister who was flying in from England on a late flight. The hostal we booked in Torremolinos happens to be only a few minutes drive from the airport and it turned out to be a very beautiful little spot with excellent hosts! However, that was it, we were gone the next morning, heading off inland to explore the big cities - Granada, Seville, Cadiz...
Almost two weeks later, by which time Sue's sister had returned to England and we had been on our own for a while with no accommodations booked, it was New Year's Eve and we did not know if we had any chance to find a place to stay at all. "Right", we said after finishing up our tour of Gibraltar, "let's just boot it up the coast to Torremolinos to see if they have a room for us tonight" - it worked!
In the end, we never did much in Torremolinos itself due to the traffic congestion (other than a supermarket shopping trip on the first stay and internet catch-up on the next stay). We prefer the wide-open spaces when exploring, so used our final stay there as a jumping-off point for a day-trip into the spectacular mountains located within easy driving distance. The details are in my 'Things To Do' tips, but could easily have been 'Off the Beaten Path' because we found a great little wonder in the seldom-travelled hills that was almost as spectacular as Ronda! My first 'General' tip provides a map of our travels in southern Spain and points out the location of Torremolinos and our drive in the mountains.
- Pros:We found a great little hostal located close to Malaga's airport
- Cons:Too close to big and bustling Malaga
- In a nutshell:We made the most of it but got away from the busy coast with drives away from it all - into the spectacular mountains!
This Google 'Terrain' map gives an overview of the 'orange' driving route we took while in southern Spain, starting from... more travel advice
On leaving Alhama de Granada, we continued on the highway toward Granada itself but had barely left town before we had... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Torremolinos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TORREMOLINOS --- COSTA DEL SOL"
- "A Winter Warmer in Torremolinos"
- "Torremolinos - it was a two-time haven for us!"
- "A Winter Warmer"
- "Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol"
- "Torremolinos, sea, sun and fun!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Torremolinos
- Hotels in Torremolinos
- Transportation in Torremolinos
- Nightlife in Torremolinos
- Restaurants in Torremolinos
- Shopping in Torremolinos
- Warnings and Dangers in Torremolinos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torremolinos
- 17 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Torremolinos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torremolinos
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How to contact new member "
- Uploaded a Photo to "It gave us that old 'Africa' feeling!"
- Commented on one of Regina1965's Torremolinos travel pages
- updated a Torremolinos Travel Page "Torremolinos - it was a two-time haven for us!"
- Wrote a Review A map of our driving route in Torremolinos Favorites
Photos in TorremolinosSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos