Vejer de la Frontera Favorite Tips by Bwana_Brown Top 5 Page for this destination
Vejer de la Frontera Favorites: 15 reviews and 34 photos
Map of our travels in southwestern Spain
Favorite thing: We had been in Spain for 13 days and had already covered most of the 'orange' roads on this map (Sue's sister had joined us from England for 9 days of that time) when the two of us finally woke up to a rainy morning in Nerja, on the Mediterranean coast. The weather forecast did not look good for the next few days so, knowing that the good weather would be arriving from the west and wanting a proper look at Spain's Atlantic coast anyway, we headed for Tarifa on the morning of Dec. 28th.
Fondest memory: We arrived there in late afternoon and the weather was wild, but already looking better than Nerja's! We managed to find a place for the night (that did not work out too well) and next morning headed up the coast to do some exploring. We stopped at the Roman ruins of Baelo Claudia, but it was closed on a Monday - so we then continued onward up the coast until we reached pretty little Vejer de la Frontera. After finding very nice accommodations there, that afternoon and the next morning was spent exploring both Cape Trafalgar and Vejer itself before heading back down the coast toward Tarifa. With Baelo Claudia being open on a Tuesday, we had a very enjoyable self-guided tour of the diggings and restorations before landing back in Tarifa for one more night. The next morning was Dec. 31st with New Years Eve 2009 rapidly approaching and us still with nowhere to stay. Now that the weather had improved, we decided to play it safe and headed back up the Mediterranean coast to Torremolinos (just outside Malaga) to see if one of our first accommodation spots would take pity on us!
More Reviews (17)
- See All Roman ruins of Baelo Claudia
- Rental car
- Spain's surfing paradise
- Sue finally gets her chance!
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Vejer de la Frontera Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the whitest nicest villages in the south"
- "One beautiful little 'White' village!"
- "VEJER DE LA FRONTERA"
- "A STRONG MOORISH CHARACTER"
- "Vejer De La Frontera."
- "WOW Vejer de la Frontera - Puebla Blanco"
- "Molinos, Mountains, Meandering...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vejer de la Frontera
- Hotels in Vejer de la Frontera
- Transportation in Vejer de la Frontera
- Nightlife in Vejer de la Frontera
- Restaurants in Vejer de la Frontera
- Shopping in Vejer de la Frontera
- Warnings and Dangers in Vejer de la Frontera
- See All...
Explore the World
- Port Dickson Hotels
- Tahquamenon Falls State Park Hotels
- Iloilo City Hotels
- Pulau Langkawi Hotels
- Bangalore Hotels
- Cook Forest State Park Hotels
- Kuala Lumpur Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- New York City
- Crescent Beach Hotels
- Abu Dhabi Hotels
- Madrid Hotels
- Riva del Garda
Badges & Stats in Vejer de la Frontera
- 18 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Vejer de la Frontera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vejer de la Frontera
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: St. Martins, New Brunswick,..."
- Commented on one of Martin_S.'s Vejer de la Frontera travel pages
- Wrote a Review Our route in southwestern Spain in Vejer de la Frontera Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Our route in southwestern Spain"
- updated a Vejer de la Frontera Travel Page "One beautiful little 'White' village!"
Photos in Vejer de la FronteraSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos