"Belmopan - an Interesting Area!" Belmopan by Bwana_Brown
Belmopan Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 61 photos
After spending five days and nights on the very popular 'Caye Caulker' and 'Ambergris Cay' islands off the coast north of Belize City, we were ready to begin the 'land-exploration' phase of our three week February vacation in Belize. Following a water taxi ride in from the islands, we hopped a mini-van taxi to the International airport, where we picked up our pre-arranged rental vehicle for three days of total freedom as we explored what the area around Belmopan had to offer!
We had not made any pre-arranged accommodations plans for this phase of our trip and, in fact, had no real idea of exactly what we would be doing. Although Belmopan itself is not rated too highly in tourist literature as a 'must see', we thought that there were enough attractions in the area to keep us amused for a few days. In the end, we had a great time as we rejoined the new friends we had first met on Caye Caulker a few days before! Check out my page to see how we made out with the Black Howler monkeys in their protected forest reserve, the unique Belize Zoo located in the middle of nowhere, Guanacaste National Park and the very scenic Hummingbird Highway as we travelled to the southeast coast! My 'General' tips include a map showing the route we covered in our rental vehicle.
- Pros:Black Howler Monkeys, the Zoo and Guanacaste National Park
- Cons:Depending on the day, can be crowded with cruise ship tours
- In a nutshell:Well worth a look around - quite enjoyable for us!
The Belize Zoo is quite an interesting place! It is different from most zoos in that it does not import animals from... more travel advice
This map shows where we went in Belize during our 3-days of rental driving. After taking a taxi from Belize City to the... more travel advice
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Belmopan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Belmopan - an Interesting Area!"
- "MOPAN RIVER RESORT across from Benque Viejo in Cay"
- "Beautiful Belmopan"
- "Wonderful place"
- "Belmopan Page"
- "Bonita17's new Belmopan Page"
- "belmopan ...was that the city?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belmopan
- Hotels in Belmopan
- Transportation in Belmopan
- Nightlife in Belmopan
- Restaurants in Belmopan
- Shopping in Belmopan
- Warnings and Dangers in Belmopan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belmopan
- 21 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Belmopan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belmopan
Photos in BelmopanSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (65)
Latest Belmopan hotel reviews
- Banana Bank Lodge
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 12, 2013