San Ignacio Favorite Tips by Bwana_Brown Top 5 Page for this destination
San Ignacio Favorites: 8 reviews and 13 photos
Our 'Red' activities around San Ignacio
Favorite thing: This map shows Crooked Tree, the inland island birdwatching sanctuary, in the top right corner. It was from there that we arrived in San Ignacio, on the Guatemala border on our 12th day in Belize. San Ignacio was very conveniently located to allow us to do further trips in any direction, with our first two adventures being located right on the doorstep of our accommodations at the Trek Stop. The Mayan ruins of Xunantunich followed by a 2.5 hour jungle tubing trip down the Mopan River was a great way to get started. We immediately followed this with a full-day trip back toward Belmopan as we explored the Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) sacrificial cave, with skeletons still remaining from 1100 years ago. We finished off with a two-day excursion into Guatemala to see the most famous Mayan site of them all, at Tikal National Park. Mixed on both sides of our Tikal trip were a couple of day trips into San Ignacio itselt to see what it had to offer. One week after we arrived, we were back on the road, headed for Belize City on the Caribbean coast for a final night before we flew out!
More Reviews (27)
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
San Ignacio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Ignacio - Temples, Caves & Tubing"
- "5 Days In Belize's Jungle"
- "The Lodge at Chaa Creek"
- "San Ignacio, Belize: Home Base For Adventure"
- "San Ignacio - a one stoplight town"
- "Bridge and Stoplight"
- "On horses through the Jungle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Ignacio
- Hotels in San Ignacio
- Transportation in San Ignacio
- Nightlife in San Ignacio
- Restaurants in San Ignacio
- Shopping in San Ignacio
- Warnings and Dangers in San Ignacio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Ignacio
- 28 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to San Ignacio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Ignacio
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How to contact new member "
- Commented on one of toonsarah's San Ignacio travel pages
- updated a San Ignacio Travel Page "San Ignacio - Temples, Caves & Tubing"
- Uploaded a Photo to "San Ignacio - Temples, Caves & Tubing"
- Wrote a Review Map of our San Ignacio Area Adventures in San Ignacio Favorites
Photos in San IgnacioSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos