Xunantunich Hotel Tips by Bwana_Brown Top 5 Page for this destination
Xunantunich Hotels: 3 reviews and 4 photos
Sitting on our Trek Stop verandah
Oh man, was I ever glad I spotted this place in my research for our trip to Belize! The Trek Stop was a fantastic place to spend a week in Belize, located as it is in the forests of the countryside beside a sleepy little village! The 22 acres of forested grounds are very nicely landscaped, even to the extent of small signs pointing out different types of trees and plants and what their medical and other uses are. This place is run jointly by a long-time American couple and their Belizian partners - and they really know what they are doing! I would definitely go back there any time.
Unique Qualities: As described in the books, this really is a back-packers paradise with a choice of tenting (US$5), five small cabins (US$12-20) and three large cabins (US$24-34) with all these using shared shower facilities. In addition, there are two large cabins with private showers/toilets (US$35-60) with the price range depending on how many people are staying in each cabin. People in the 'shared facility' cabins use any of the four composting toilets, shower water is provided from rain catchment barrels and these facilites were all very clean and worked extremely well. The Trek Stop has a restaurant serving meals all day long from about 7AM-7 PM, as well as a separate kitchen area where you can prepare your own meals if you feel like it, a 'common area' where guests can sit and mingle, read from the extensive library or use the free internet facilities on three computers!
We ended up with one of the three large cabins with shared facilities and our cost was only US$25 per night. More details on this place in my 'San Ignacio' page!
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: On the eastern outskirts of the hamlet of San Jose de Soccotz, about half-way between San Ignacio and the Guatemala border.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (10)
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Xunantunich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Xunantunich - Small but Beautiful Mayan Ruins"
- "Mayan Ceremonial Site"
- "Xunantunich! So fun to Pronounce! =)"
- "Maiden of the Rock: Xunantunich"
- "A day in the ruins"
- "Wonderful site!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xunantunich
- Hotels in Xunantunich
- Transportation in Xunantunich
- Restaurants in Xunantunich
- Warnings and Dangers in Xunantunich
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hotel Perfect
- Hotel Bologna
- Turgeon International Hostel
- Bed & Breakfast Full House
- Kenmare Bay Hotel
- Hotel du Forum
- Rowan Tree Hostel
- Premiere Classe Hotel
- Marina Palace
- Ledges By The Bay
- Hotel La Fontana Estelar
- Marshall Apartments
Badges & Stats in Xunantunich
- 11 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Xunantunich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xunantunich
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: St. Martins, New Brunswick,..."
- Commented on one of Foundryman1's Xunantunich travel pages
- updated a Xunantunich Travel Page "Xunantunich - Small but Beautiful Mayan Ruins"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Restored East Frieze"
- Wrote a Review Cool Off with Jungle River Tubing! in Xunantunich Things to Do
Photos in XunantunichSee All Photos (15)
Read real reviews about Xunantunich Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos