Xunantunich Restaurant Tips by Bwana_Brown Top 5 Page for this destination
Xunantunich Restaurants: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Restaurant outdoor seating & Education centre
The photo shows your first view of the Trek Stop as you ascend the stairs from the parking lot area. Behind the outdoor seating area of the restaurant (right side) is a small kitchen where the meals are prepared for guests. This area is part of the larger Educational building to the left, which houses a number of interesting exhibits, displays and inter-active activities geared to educating all about the geology, history, plants, animals and insects native to Belize. One of the free-internet access computers is also located in this building.
Favorite Dish: The restaurant has a good menu selection of various American, Mexican and Belizian type dishes - ranging from steaks, chilis, quesadillas, sandwiches and so on. Their breakfasts are varied as well with cereals, pancakes, toast, eggs, real bacon, coffee, juice and so on. For alcoholic drinks, Belikin beer seems to be the favoured brand and you can actually bring your own from the separate 'common area' building. That building has a freezer and refrigerator that the Trek Stop keeps stocked with beer for the guests. Whenever you want one, you take it and put another tick beside your name on a sheet of paper (very reasonable at US$1.50 each)!!
Address: See 'Accommodations' tip
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: The Trek Stop back-packers accommodations, about half-way between San Ignacio and the Guatemala border
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (10)
Bwana_Brown's Related Pages
Xunantunich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Xunantunich - Small but Beautiful Mayan Ruins"
- "Mayan Ceremonial Site"
- "Xunantunich! So fun to Pronounce! =)"
- "Maiden of the Rock: Xunantunich"
- "A day in the ruins"
- "Wonderful site!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xunantunich
- Hotels in Xunantunich
- Transportation in Xunantunich
- Restaurants in Xunantunich
- Warnings and Dangers in Xunantunich
- See All...
Explore the World
- Greece Hotels
- Watkinsville Hotels
- Blacklion Hotels
- Hobro Hotels
- Ca'n Picafort
- Boca Grande
Badges & Stats in Xunantunich
- 11 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Xunantunich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xunantunich
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: St. Martins, New Brunswick,..."
- Commented on one of Foundryman1's Xunantunich travel pages
- updated a Xunantunich Travel Page "Xunantunich - Small but Beautiful Mayan Ruins"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Restored East Frieze"
- Wrote a Review Cool Off with Jungle River Tubing! in Xunantunich Things to Do
Photos in XunantunichSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 60 reviews, 186 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 70 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé Intro, 51 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 66 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 46 reviews, 144 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 42 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 80 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 45 reviews, 100 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos